Author Topic: Struggling  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Kes1968

Struggling
« on: April 29, 2018, 12:04:53 AM »
 :cray:
Eight weeks since I lost my lovely mum, harder now I’m getting practical matters sorted, I’m selling the family home and moving closer to work as it just makes more sense, I hope mum would have understood this, just miss her and dad( he died in 2004) so much and feeling my way, not always sure I’m doing the right thing so instinct is proving to be a stronger force at the moment. Thankfully, mum and dad left me financially very comfortable so one less worry. Just feel very little joy in life right now. However, I’ve found a nice little house ten minutes from work ( I don’t drive so my current commute is 1.5 hour bus journey each way three times a week), ten minutes walk away will make such a difference. It backs onto a nature reserve and it is a lovely house, I’m very happy with the decision to move, I’m ready to move forward
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:10:16 AM by Kes1968 »

Offline Fleur

Re: Struggling
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 09:51:24 AM »
Hi Kes. I just wanted to wish you well with your house move, I hope you will find it will make your life much easier without your long commute. I’m sure your mum would understand why you need to do this and you will be able to keep anything that’s important to you to remind you of all the happy times you had together.
This too shall pass.

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Thanks fleur, what a lovely name by the way xx

Offline Fleur

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 09:45:25 PM »
Thanks fleur, what a lovely name by the way xx

Thank you.
This too shall pass.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »
Hi Kes -i had to move after losing my husband for financial reasons and as i had no choice but to move it made sense to be nearer work.I just wanted to let you know really, i dont think we leave them behind which is what we dread, but take them with us in a sense.Your new house sounds lovely. :hug:

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 09:20:56 AM »
Update

Moved into my new home on 28th June, it’s a lovely little house, the same one I posted about and it needs very little doing to it, I had a new loft hatch and ladder installed and the latch on the side gate fixed but that’s about it, just surrounded by boxes of stuff at the moment, I’ve got Cornwall hospice care (charity shop) coming to take loads of stuff away on Tuesday next week so hopefully I can get rid of most of the boxes downstairs!! Then I can start the spare room ( mine is done already) . It’s so convenient being near everything, ten minutes walk to work ( instead of 2 hours commute on bus each way!!😱😱) and loads of buses, every ten minutes into town. My house backs onto a nature reserve, it’s so quiet , away from main road and traffic! Bliss !! I’ve ha couple of moments obviously where I became all nostalgic for the old house but I know I’ve made the best decision for me, I’m very happy in my new home 🏠❤️❤️

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »
That sounds really lovely - especially the reduced commute! Too much time is wasted on commuting!  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 04:41:03 PM »
 :cray:I’ve also saved a fair bit of money as I’ve moved down two council tax brands AND I don’t have the bus fares to find, hopefully my bills will be lower as well, as it’s a much smaller property to heat etc,