Author Topic: .....  (Read 1974 times)

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« on: July 05, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:06:56 AM by The Laird Of Galloway, Scotland »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: NHS Heroes at 70
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 07:10:30 AM »
That is so shocking. I totally agree mobile phones should be banned during their work hours - they are doing an important job which we trust/believe they will do their best for every person. Just like prison officers cannot have their phones with them on a shift - some jobs you cannot have that kind of distraction (and I cant see when selfies at work would ever be needed/acceptable? You're at work to do a job! Thats what people are paid for!)

I know there's some amazing work being done (I cannot fault the treatment/care at the cancer hospital) but there are a number of individuals who dont take it seriously or care as much as they should. They're supposed to be professionals we can trust

My dads Dr let him down, fobbed him off with 'its just stress' for a long time when he was losing the ability to eat. By the time the Dr had finally taken action dad could only manage to eat half a piece of bread for a meal and the cancer had spread from his esophagus, throughout his stomach and other organs.  After acid reflux for many years he'd long ago been diagnosed with barretts esophagus. Its a known cancer risk and the dr should have been monitoring it over time or at least taken action when the symptoms first started.  He may have had a better chance of continuing his 59th year then  :sad:

Sending you a hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx