Author Topic: New to all this  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Butterfly

New to all this
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:48:00 AM »
Hi I lost my sister who had Downs Syndrome in January(she was 52) and I had looked after her all her life and wasn't just a sister but mother really too very suddenly and totally unexpectedly  and am finding all the emotions etc very hard to understand and I have nobody to talk to about this. I am carer too looking after the elderly which is hard enough on a daily basis to cope with. She was such a huge part of my life and I miss her so much. Its hard to put into words how I feel and what I do feel I wonder if normal. It would just be nice to know I am not alone.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New to all this
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 08:15:17 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:  hope you find the forum supportive,  everyone here has experienced loss xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New to all this
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 12:13:23 PM »
 :hug: I found this site a lifeline when my husband died and i hope it can become the same for you - its really hard to know what "normal" is - grief is a bumpy road, and each grief is individual - but all of us have and the deep pain of loss that goes with us everywhere. and on top of that  - guilt, anger,depression, anxiety - they  appear in a different order and take a different course and there are times when you can really question your sanity but then because everyone here is at some atage of the road -some-one here will recognise that emotion as something they are also feeling or have felt.
In the same way as "normal" in grief is difficult to find, "normal" in our whole lifes has gone - and we have to find a new "normal"  we never asked for this change,it was thrown at us, we dont want it and we dont know how to adapt too it  because especially in the early days we simply cant see any way to do that.