Author Topic: Loss of husband  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Elizabeth Broadbent

Loss of husband
« on: July 25, 2018, 06:54:16 PM »
Firstly I apologise if I'm not doing this right, I'm not very good with technology
My husband  Michael - passed away on 9 th may very suddenly, although he had been unwell but his own gps did not seem overly concerned. Then came the day when he finally had some blood tests done which resulted in him being admitted to hospital with ? Sepsis. I actually felt relieved that he was going to get some real care. Unfortunately within 12 hours he had a massive heart attack from which he never recovered. For me the last 11 weeks are like a nightmare. I'm struggling to get any real explanations as to what happened and the hospital and gp surgery seem to be dragging their feet I could go on and on but I've got to see this through  for Michael

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Loss of husband
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:29:19 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Dont worry about whether your post is in the right place, we can help and move things if needed
Sorry for your loss  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »
 :hug: welcome too the forum,i lost my husband too a stroke 7 years ago and finding this place was a lifeline.Finding the answers seems to take forever and I,m not 100% sure i took them on board or was ever really able to understand some aspects of him also having pneumonia on the certificate.Over time it matters less i think, but i remeber how much it filled my mind back then. but even when we do get them theyre still gone and we are still left trying to come to terms with their loss. Its very early days although it probably doesnt feel like it,be kind to yourself because just getting out of bed and functioning at all is an achievement at this time.
as Emz said dont worry about the technology side of being here, its fairly easy once you get used too it and we can move anything in the wrong place anyway, the main point is to have somewhere to write, somewhere where people are on the same journey but at different stages of it,and a friendly place to escape too when you need it.

Offline Elizabeth Broadbent

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 07:26:03 PM »
Than you for the welcome, wish the circumstances were different.i have been for a few counselling sessions but I have to say I find being able to put my thoughts into words as soon as I think them is so much more helpful. It feels like I'm thinking out loud and being heard. I'm so pleased I've found this website .

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 10:06:29 PM »
Writing here really helped me too.  Helped me to get the thoughts out and to find others who understood, with no fear of being misunderstood

Some people have had a 'diary' thread on the forum, posting daily in there as a way of making their way through this journey, others post as and when they need.  We even have a daily chat thread for those everyday chit chat items. However you need support from the forum  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx