Author Topic: please welcome humminbird  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
please welcome humminbird
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »
Hi everyone due to a technical issue that i dont yet understand hummin bird has joined us and made the following post which arrived as a pm to me - so with her permission I am re - posting it here on her behalf while i try and sort out the technical side.

"I do not know where to begin.  I have been reading this forum for hours over the past few days and its helped me get through the next five minutes.  I lost my husband and best mate on 25th June 2018 to cancer.  We only knew for about 5 weeks before he passed away, we both in shock and the way we were treated in hospital was shocking.  He came home with 2 crutches and a commode stuck outside the next day.  We had six terrible days at home, I had to give him liquid morphine which I'm still really struggling with and had to ring nurses when the dose was no longer working.  On the day when they told me to up the dose even though I know it was correct and it was all checked that was when I had to ring an ambulance (I won't go into the horrific details) that was the night when I lost him and even now after 6 months I still feel like I finished he off. We were married for 44 years and I don't know and want to go on without by my side.  I read today that someone said he felt humble and grateful for life, I feel ashamed that I don't feel like that.
Ever since my husband retired we never had any peace as my Dad had dementia for about 4 years and passed away in April 2016.  Also I lost my beloved Mum to cancer in 1989 so I feel like I have now lost all the people that truly cared about me.  Although I had 6 weeks of group counseling a while ago and I thought it helped me at the time I am now much worse.  I have no children and although family are there I cannot talk to them, as seems quite common they say things that are not very helpful.  Also when my husband was in hospital I injured my knees trying to stop him from falling and now on waiting list to have something done and am not getting hardly any sleep at all through being in pain because of that.  No tablets that I have been prescribed have taken the pain away.  I am very grateful for all the people here who help each other and hope I will be able to do the same for others soon."

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Re: please welcome humminbird
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:53:40 PM »
Hope that the tech probs are quickly sorted.  :hug: to humminbird my sincere condolences.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: please welcome humminbird
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »
Sending you a warm welcome hug hummingbird  :hug:  hope you find the forum a source of support

If you get stuck with posts at any time, message however you can and we'll try and help xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx