Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147245 times)

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2017, 07:29:29 AM »
 :yahoo: :-) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »
 :yahoo:just in time to see off the Siberian weather were looking forward too this weekend.
I,m up for an early night tonight,my eyes are tired,sadly my brain isn't,so what are the chances I actually do go early. :rolleyes:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2017, 10:21:35 PM »
Celebrations may be premature. The heating is great ... when I can work it. It's got a Hive controller that they advertise on telly. I didn't want it but it was free.

Last night I thought I put the heating on but after an hour the radiators were still cold. I figured it out and at bedtime I turned it off. This morning I woke up and the entire house was scorching. I might have to read the manual to find where I'm going wrong.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #273 on: February 11, 2017, 08:54:50 PM »
Typical bloke.why is it men don't bother with instructions until the very last resort. :rofl:

Well today is the first time in about 4 years I havnt had to carry hot water into the kitchen in a bucket to do the washing up.I now have a working tap. :yahoo: hope I didn't speak too soon as well,that would be embarrassing.

Allegedly we are getting snow tomorrow so hopefully white is the new grey.if it is even though there are a trillion things I should be doing at home,I might go out with my camera for a while.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #274 on: February 11, 2017, 10:20:42 PM »
men don't bother with instructions

That's because we don't need to generally. It's only in the case of poorly designed items that it becomes necessary  :coffeetoast:  :rofl:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2017, 10:53:25 PM »
We had some snow this morning but it only pitched briefly on the grass, then after a few hours all gone and just back to damp xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2017, 07:55:26 PM »
Longedge nice try but I,m not convinced. :rofl:
Emz it has been snowing on and off all day here but not settling its also a very cold wind.I braved it to the shop and back and that was enough.

Today I have been putting stuff back in the kitchen but have refrained from shoving everything back in the cupboards and shutting the doors,I spent ages artfully arranging pots on the open shelves and even lined the glasses up in the glass front cupboard.I had a 1960,s tea set plain yellow tpot for 1 milk jug sugar bowl.the bowl and t pot  lid have a picture of a willow tree on.I,be always liked them so now they have taken pride of place on an open shelf along with a cup and saucer that I think were a christening present.the cup has a picture of a child on a tree swing.Totally impractical I should have put more utility stuff there but you never know one day I might get all posh and use them. :coffeetoast:.I can stick my pinky out along with the best of em. :rofl:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2017, 10:37:09 PM »
I didn't need the instructions. I've figured out hat if I turn the knob right up it comes on and if I turn it right down it goes off. That's about as close to the on off switch I had in the old system as you can get without having an on off switch.  :yahoo:

I've only seen about five snowflakes. That's probably what they call a blizzard down south.

I like the sound of your kitchen Karena. Mine looks like a bombs hit it, much like the rest of the house.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »
My lounge looks like a hoarders house all the stuff from kitchen and hall piled up in here that's why it would be tempting to just throw everything back in.Got a table and chairs today  thirty quid off sale or swap site.a saving which means new fridge freezer is a step closer.Mine is ancient and has been painted several times to cover the rust,but the seal is on its last legs . So today I was looking online and discovered the " smart fridge" apparently I could get one of those with an app,and the app will tell me if I ran out of something.
I can only think this is dependant on you putting designated objects in designated places which it then has sensors to calculate its gone,or it has a camera through which it examines the contents of its own stomach.
I think its a technological advance I can live without.Cos I,m a smart owner and I know if I look in the fridge and something isn't there I have run out. :rofl:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »
I didn't need the instructions.

I rest my case  :wink:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »
I don't like the idea of a smart fridge. There's things in the dark corners of mine that I don't want to know are there.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2017, 07:45:27 AM »
Me too!   I'd rather have a stupid fridge! It can't complain then! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »
 :rofl:glad I,m not the only one.my boss and colleagues,with one exception think I,m a ludite because I don't appreciate the potential of these things.I think I will be the one laughing when the internet goes down in winter,and it does,every time there is a power cut here,so twice today,when they could potentially be locked out,unable to put the heating or lights on.I,all be the one laughing when I,m the only one with a candle. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #283 on: February 15, 2017, 09:14:59 AM »
I have heard that there is a washing machine which is connected to WiFi and it can order your washing powder/liquid for you.  Mmmm.  I'd rather have the control and choice in my house thanks!

I know that life is busier than ever, with technology driving the pace, but moving towards computerised things doing things like that for us doesn't feel like the right answer (makes me think of the animation film wall-e! Where the humans are lazy and just sat around having robots do everything for them)  I think more focus needs to be put on enabling people to have more work life balance so people dont feel burnt out and they have time to order their fridge contents! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #284 on: February 15, 2017, 09:24:10 AM »
Totally agree