Author Topic: Nature  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Kate3027

Nature
« on: August 10, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
Nature upsets me a lot these days. I think because it so perfectly demonstrates the passage of time. Nature is arrogant, it doesn’t care how you feel, the earth keeps on turning, flowers bloom, leaves fall. Having children seems to make you more acutely aware of the passage of time. Babies are born, they grow, we grow. At some point they are grown up. We live, if we’re lucky we grow old, and then we die.

Now it is summer. A sweltering summer. One day we will look back and remember the sweltering summer of 2018. But one day is in the future, one day means that day will come, one day means time will pass, one day means we will look back.

On holiday I stood in the ocean as the wind whipped the hair about my face, and I couldn’t hear anything. Just the roaring of the wind. I waded in, chest deep and stood there with the water lapping at me, pushing and pulling me and it calmed me The water didn’t care what year it was, the water didn’t care who I was. I bet you could have waded into the sea at that point 50 years ago and stared out towards the horizon and had the same prospect laid before you. I stood there with the wind roaring in my ears, blocking out everything else, and I roared back. I roared back at the elements and felt peace and felt Dad.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Nature
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 09:04:34 PM »
 :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 12:43:37 PM »
Kate you have such a wonderful way with words.I remember flying a power kite and realising then how powerful nature is how strong the wind can be and i have stood at the top of a waterfall and wept because it was so beautiful in its power.
Nature is the most awesome thing we will ever encounter - it is awesome in the way it can destroy and awesome in a much more positive way in its beauty and that it can heal and renew.
The energy that creates us and all of nature, and that makes us into living things cannot leave the earth - and thats not religion- thats physics - it changes and moves and transfers to other forms but is never lost.When we die it  takes a different form and sometimes in nature when we open ourselves too it, it feels that the new form brings the energy from our loved ones into our proximity - and i wonder if that is so suprising because to me, it makes sense that energy passed between us through DNA or through just sharing our present lives so closely will be attracted back too us.   :hug:

Offline sadboy

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 12:14:50 AM »
That's so lovely what you wrote Kate.