Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147223 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »
fingers and toes crossed xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
How are you feeling now karena?
I had a lovely daytrip to Stratford upon avon today. Started with a cream tea at a 40's themed cafe, and enjoyed a boat trip, first time I've been on a boat in a working lock
Hope everyone's day has been ok xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #497 on: April 26, 2018, 10:39:04 AM »
I,m ok -ish thanks Emz  still eyes watering and sniffly -weather isnt helping
That shiny thing in the sky seems to have disapeared again -although last night the other shiny thing looked stunning with clouds scurrying acros it -very wuthering heights - if i was a wolf i might have taken to howling at it - as i,m not a wolf i dont have a fur coat - so it was too cold to howl at it for very long anyway. :rofl:
I have now retreievd my winter coat from upstairs and brought back in the plants i over optamistically put out to harden off -i dont think theyre hard enough for frost yet.Even the strawberrys have a special blanket to help them through the night -i do spoil them. :rofl:

I have a guest at the moment Misty -springer spaniel -she is very obedient and very comical, but gave me a few nasty moments this morning when i was about ready to leave for work and i couldnt find her  and wondered if she had sneaked past me through the front door - I found her under the table, i think she was hoping i wouldnt notice -as her treats and the fish food (which she was too interested in to leave where it was in the living room) are on there, and she doesnt get to stay in the kitchen without supervision, I discovered last time she is very good at emptying bins. :rofl:

Stratford on Avon sounds like a nice day out - i went there many years ago -saw Anne hathaways cottage and a midsummer nights dream -i was only about 10 so dont remeber much else about it. And i think i was more interested in how the walls were still up - i think they were wattle and daub. Be assured my interest wasnt in the study of historical archtecture -but whether i could line the den we were building with a wet mud version of it. :rofl:

I imagine the lock was interesting -i think i might be a bit nervous  -although i guess the drivers know what they are doing. I would certainly be even more nervous if i had to operate one myself.  :whistle:

Brian -i would have laughed too  :rofl: especially as you, being so young, should have been much quicker to dodge  :whistle:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #498 on: May 10, 2018, 11:04:17 PM »
How's everyone doing?  Big hugs all round  :hug:

I'm still being bullied/harassed/trained by the birds in my garden.  Lol. Whenever I go out to sit on the decking they all fly down onto the fence next to me and fill the tree, looking cute, staring at me and singing loudly until I throw more food pellets out for them!  (Do like to watch them though! And it is lovely to sit and hear them whilst out there)
I'm a bit puzzled to see they dont seem to be feeding on the 2 peanut feeders though, I cant be sure but dont think they've been touched atall this week, but they usually clear them in a week or week and half...??  :shocked:

Foz cubs are venturing out now, discovered they are living in next doors garden and was able to watch 5 or 6 of them playing the other day.  So cute and looking pretty healthy.  My dog is not as convinced, and as he can smell/hear them he gives them a good bark in the eve which im sure the neighbours love!  Cheeky buggers did run off with the old washing up brush which I use to clean the birdbath though!! I'd left it in the sun to dry and forgotten to bring it in, now its gone  (They must play in our garden at night as they've also knocked over my solar light panel too!)  xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #499 on: May 11, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »
maybe the foxes have taken over from the cleaning fairies, who i,m convinced must be on strike,judging by the layer of dust that i spotted in the lounge last night. :whistle:
How lovely to have foxes though.

Peanut feeders possibly less popular now that there is an alternative of worms and bugs, but also a lot of them are feeding babys now, so need something more easy to collect several pieces of in their beak in one go. peanuts are difficult because they have to peck and collect at the same time. Peanuts can choke the babys,so taking them out of the feeders isnt an option either,You might have to just dump the ones in there now or they will go mouldy also bad for them.
On the plus side the ones with small enough holes you can refill with the suet and fruit/mealworm pellets so they dont have to be redundant over the summer.

Scruffy and partner have a nest of babies in next doors garage -so its a quick hop over the roof when they hear the back door open -and they have no issues whatsoe- ever with continuous begging.
Overall the garden is looking quite good now - I,m halfway through planting up my second vertical pallet planter.The strawberry one is romping away very happilly. This one has the sole purpose
of further disguising the controversial neighbours wall, and is in a very shaded area so quite restricted in plant choice.- My genius idea was to use ferns - until i saw the price of ferns.I did buy 3 online, but theyre ridculousely small - so i have moved on to idea number 2 which is to mix them with  hostas -considerably cheaper - especially if it all goes wrong. I had two sitting in pots that have already gone in, They do look pretty good, so this weekend could be cheap hosta hunting on the cards. :rofl:

Meanwhile back in the house, ceiling is boarded -just needs plaster to skim over them and smooth walls into something mildly resembling flat then onto phase 2.The floor has huge yorkshire stone slabs, but its not looking like i,m going to be able to restore them too any decent standards, - so regrettfully they will probably have to be covered up again. I wont make them worse by sticking anything down though. perhaps in the future some-one with more money and skill might be able to sort them out.
Its so easy to ignore the house when there is the garden though -perhaps i really will get one of those eco camping cabins and then just buy a garden to move it into. :rofl:

Offline Tracey

• New Members
« Reply #500 on: May 26, 2018, 09:37:57 AM »
I would just like to say hello to you all  :hearts:
It is getting very hard  ❤

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #501 on: May 26, 2018, 04:29:47 PM »
Hi Tracey  :hug:  how is your day going?

My weekend has started ok, I'm mostly over my chest infection and enjoying being able to breathe again! Although felt a little breathless earlier, mainly ok now. Popped to town for a wander, few shops and a bag of chips today.  Weather is a bit disappointing, had to stay out of the recent glorious weather due to the antibiotics, and now its grey and damp lol!

What's everyone up to?  I'm considering getting started on making some blinds for the 'lodge', but am pretty new to sewing and keep finding myself putting it off lol! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #502 on: May 26, 2018, 04:48:47 PM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:32:52 PM by GHOST »

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #503 on: May 27, 2018, 05:00:29 PM »
Did you enjoy the WSB Brian? It puts the willies up me watching them when the bikes are squirming into the corners. Anybody who has ridden will understand that those blokes are superhuman in the way they have control of their machines  :smiley:.

I was looking over the garden the other day and noticed a Lilac that I planted about 25 years ago which is now quite large has suddenly thrown a sport ( a genetic mutation ) I thought it was unusual until I googled it and found that it's commonplace - so much for my claim to fame  :rolleyes:

Emz - I used to be a dabhand at putting up the Roman Blinds which Chris made in fact I renewed the cords on my bathroom blind not long ago. If you've got a good haberdashers nearby, you can get everything you need to make them. Much better than buying ready made 'coz you have the satisfaction of being able to stand back and admire your handywork  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 05:27:08 PM by longedge »
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #504 on: May 27, 2018, 05:32:20 PM »
On the topic of gardens, I'm loving mine at the moment, just saw a damselfly (or dragonfly - I'm not entirely sure how to identify but think its the former), so pretty and electric blue.  Was trimming some of the garden at the edge to ensure my new roses are getting enough sun and it came across flying in front of me

And was so excited the other day, turns out the container I had thought was full of weeds actually has 3 large foxgloves :-D I had forgotten I had planted them last year - love having bees in the garden so am really pleased at the amount of flowers on them for the bees  :cheesy:

Time for a sit down and a cuppa.   :coffeetoast: kettles still warm if you want to grab one too :-) xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #505 on: May 27, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »
Scruffy backbird stole my sandwich today.I literally put the plate down walked back inside to get a glass of water came back out and there she is with my sandwich on the ground.It was cheese and marmite.I don't think she liked the marmite  noticed a lot of beak cleaning going on later.I am suffering from my usual frozen shoulder and twisted hip.I was supposed to go away this weekend camping.Neve mind I got a few jobs done slowly.  :rofl:
What happened to Sunday night to.No cheesy series I am watching a festival don't know which one but Paloma faith is supposed to be coming on.I quite like her.
Brian you are a cheeky monkey.Hope you enjoyed the motorbikes.
Emz hope you get back on form soon.Take your time with the blinds my lodge isn't built yet. :whistle:
Longedge I have two lilacs.One of them is a complete mutantPuts all it's energy into throwing up branches an spreading rather than flowers.The other has been amazing this year covered in flowers.
Hi Tracey.Welcome too the chat thread. :hug:

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #506 on: May 28, 2018, 09:24:37 AM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:33:28 PM by GHOST »

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #507 on: May 28, 2018, 09:33:50 AM »
E
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:33:49 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #508 on: May 29, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
Damsel or dragon flys are something we rarely see here - i once saw a damsel fly hovering over my pond and that was the one and only time.Lots of cranefly though  -much more Yorkshire - dull and grim looking. :rofl:

Scruffy is a blackbird not a crow - i,m sure she would be mightly offended at being called a crow. :rofl:She started hanging round last year and had clearly had an encounter with a predator -as she had a bald neck - hence the name scruffy - so of course she got extra attention -and she has taken full advantage of that - got a handsome partner - despite not being the most attractive lady in the area,and he soon realised he was onto a good thing and became as tame as her. Her looks have improved considerably now her feathers are back - so double bonus for him. last night i was sat out, and he literally was a foot away head on one side singing (it appeared) just too me. It went something along the lines of

Mar mate ate marmite and it ruins the cheese
Next time you make a butty can you leave it off please.
Dont bother with the letttuce,Dont bother with a plate
just wholemeal bread and cheese will do, for me and mar mate.

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #509 on: May 29, 2018, 11:13:20 AM »
I
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:34:17 PM by GHOST »