Author Topic: Coming up to a year  (Read 32849 times)

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Coming up to a year
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2017, 11:33:06 PM »
Over a week since I was last on. Following the argument with my daughter I had a nightmare few days. Very dark. I've slowly picked up over the past week and have just had quite a good weekend. Not good like good used to be but good for this new lifevivevhad forced on me.

I'm still finding it hard to get motivated and 'do stuff'. I was actually doing more in he early months than I do now. Then I was doing it for distraction but now I don't need to distract myself all the time I put things off. Being back on nights doesn't help much.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »
Sending a hug hubby  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »
Being back on nights is bound to upset sleeping patterns and therefore motivation,don't be hard on yourself over getting things done. Hope the row has settled.:hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2017, 01:00:55 AM »
Nights hasn't been to bad but I'm back on days next week. I wish they would make their minds up.

It's 16 months since Margaret collapsed tomorrow morning. Realising that set me off a bit so, in for a penny in for a pound, I 'treated' myself to looking in the memory box which triggered a big
Meltdown just as I expected and wanted. I feel a lot better for it now. I really do think it helps to let the emotions out.

I'm now in bed and feeling pretty close to her especially as I have sprayed a bit of the perfume she used to wear when we were first going out on my pillow. It's a scent I will always associate with her even though it used to be pretty commonplace.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2017, 08:17:20 AM »
Is that a temporary change to days?  Which do you find you prefer hubby?

I know what you mean, like a safety release valve effect.  Sending a hug  :hug: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2017, 05:58:50 PM »
I,have done that before with music I know is going to start,what I call a sobfest,I think you're right,sometimes it is best to get it out.I even have one of his fleeces to wrap up in ,and some aftershave ,but I think that's going off a bit now.Also in the camper van there are some airfreshners,,he bulk bought that remain capped except for the occasional sniff.MOT is coming up,always a nerve racking time,I know I,m on borrowed time but I really can't imagine driving anything else or wanting too.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2017, 11:03:53 PM »
Another long gap between posts. Since the last time I've been pretty good. Days have been OK but I think they are taking the Mick now. I never know what shift I'm going to be on from one week to the next, not that I know which I prefer anyway.

I've had a few low moments over the past two weeks but nothing like when I looked through the memory box. I think that did me good. This week I've actually had a few days where I've managed to do a bit of work around the house after work which is a big step forward.

Next thing for me to do is book some time off. I've only taken three days leave this year and two of them were because I had a hospital appointment. 😕

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2017, 08:03:10 AM »
Sounds like you've made some good progress  :hearts:

What are you thinking for some time off? Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2017, 07:10:59 PM »
 :hug: does work do this with everyone do you think,or maybe taking the mick out of just you,I hope not because that's really not fair,but sometimesvthere is an assumption when you don't have young kids and are on your own that you won't mind as much as the others.
Definitely take the due leave,even if you feel you can't or don't want to go anywhere on your own maybe you could plan some days out with young Ollie.