Author Topic: First Easter  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Badger55

First Easter
« on: April 13, 2017, 03:25:16 PM »
Simon has been gone now just over six weeks and I now facing my first Easter without him.  Not that we would have spent the whole time together though, as Simon would have fitted an extra round of golf in (and 'forgotten' to tell me) and arranged to see his grown up children.  We would have spent the rest of the time either doing DIY, home making, or driving somewhere off the beaten track for a walk around and a coffee.  I will really miss that.  They were very special times with a very special man who was my best friend and my only family.

I have things to do such as the garden and going to the gym, but I am sure at some point over Easter I will be upset by his absence from my life now.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: First Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 07:44:19 PM »
I think weekends and bank holidays can be difficult.  Will keep fingers crossed weather is good enough to keep you occupied in the garden
Do you have any friends you could invite over? For a film, or some food?  Changing the usual things you would have done and fill in some time  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 08:51:59 PM »
Even now I,m wondering how to make easter full.Up until this one i have gone off camping but not this time.Tomorrow is sorted I have a five year old staying,but I know when he has gone and the door closes its down to me to fill the time until Tuesday,and I will fill it but the missing won't have gone it never really does but coping with it does get easier.

Offline Badger55

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 08:47:19 AM »
Thanks both. 

I actually have counselling this morning and then will go for a walk in my local park this afternoon before going to the gym in the evening.  I have never really had those sort of friends who come round and have always been a bit of a loner in that respect.  I was like that before I met Simon who became my only close friend.

I suppose I will treat Saturday and Sunday as if it was just another weekend, and then Monday as a day that I do not have to go to work (yippee!).  I will also try and spread the gardening out so that I have some to do each day.

Offline Julia

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 06:55:22 PM »
Sounds like you are doing your best to keep yourself busy during this tough time, that's all you can ask from yourself. Post something here, I will keep an eye and respond to support you.

I'm also a bit of a loaner and weekend ahead looks a bit too long. I will meet a few friends on Sunday, but lately I can't even connect with them, just so uninterested in all usual topics.

Maybe with time new ideas on how to keep yourself busy will come to you, and hopefully with time you'll become more comfortable being bored by yourself. I know the struggle and sending you my warmest support!   :hug: