Author Topic: My Story  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Donna G

• New Members
My Story
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »
Hi my name is Donna. I have been on the facebook site for quite a while now and thought I would come here. I will have lost my husband 2 years in July and my mum 6 years in September. I have found the support on the facebook site and met a few members which has helped me loads. You can never really know the effect losing someone can have on your life. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer in Dec 14. He fought for 7 months and is one of the bravest person I have ever met. We have a large extended family with 9 grown-up children between us and 16 grandkids at last count. Getting through each day is still on automatic pilot some days. I am back at work full-time as I have to pay the bills and keep a roof over my head. Thank you for the support :)

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: My Story
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum Donna.
 :hearts:

Offline Donna G

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 09:58:34 PM »
Thank you

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 07:53:36 AM »
Sending.a welcome  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
Welcome Donna,and very sorry for your losses,my mum died a few years before my husband ,and I also have an extended family,although kids are all grown up,and along with grandkids are scattered round so mostly its just me.I also work full time but am further down this horrid road than you at six years.For me the missing has never gone away but I have got much more used to filling the time on my own and functioning in the big world just by adopting coping tactics and deciding which battles to fight and which don't matter.My eldest lives in south Africa so travelling I have become comfortable with,but eating out or going to the pub alone alone never do.
You will find things move at a slower pace here but perhaps more in depth as posts don't move so quickly as on fb.But we do have the meets and as well as support through grief we have some laughs too.When I first came to the original BUK I wondered why there was a laughter emoje I couldn't imagine ever using it or laughing again but that turned out to not be the case.