Author Topic: Is this how it is going to be for me from now on?  (Read 4589 times)

Offline Badger55

Is this how it is going to be for me from now on?
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:02:14 PM »
With the funeral and the first Bank Holiday alone got through, I now find myself back at work full-time.  My world now seems so completely different and I am not sure if it will always be like this.  I feel very strange.  Almost dream-like and keep bursting into tears all the time.  I do not like the 'feel' of my new existence and am hoping that how I feel might change with time.  Does anyone have any insight here please?

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Is this how it is going to be for me from now on?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »
 :hug: Badger. How youre feeling will change. But it will be so gradual that you might not even notice. I know you might find it hard to believe but i promise you it does get easier and you will adjust into a different way of life, just try to be kind to yourself. Take it a day at a time xxx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:27:33 PM »
It's a slow journey but like norma said you will slowly notice easier days between the bad,  it's a subtle change, little steps forward :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline dizzylizzy

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:00:09 PM »
Like others have said it's a very gradual process. A year on from losing my mum I don't feel much different than I did a year ago but I am learning to live the massive change her death brought to my life very slowly. Hugs xxx

Offline Badger55

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 07:40:40 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words of hope.

:hug:

Offline Badger55

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
How I would describe how I have felt this week is like a new-born chick hatching out of its shell or a healed broken limb coming out of a plaster cast.  All wobbly and unstable.  Exposed for the first time to the new world that I now find myself in.  One which I never envisaged, but cannot do anything about so have to get used to.  Does that make sense?

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 02:50:40 PM »
It makes perfect sense Badger, finding our new 'normal' isnt what we want but we have to carry on the best we can, xx

Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Badger55

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 04:38:02 PM »
Thanks Norma xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »
That makes sense Badger, and I think that on this journey now and again we may need to retreat, ensure some TLC - spend a day indulgently watching dvds under the duvet on the sofa, treating ourselves to tasty food, recharging our batteries (that was my version of recharging which I needed sometimes) - as long as we're moving slowly forward on our journey having some time to retreat and rest now and again is needed/good for us xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »
I set off for work one day and paused at the top of the street saw the people the cars, shops everything normal and for a moment wondered if it was me that had died,because I was trying to do  normal but was  so disengaged from everything and felt so invisible.As the others have said it does get better and more normal but the adjustment takes time.

Offline Rolande

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 10:50:10 PM »
Badger, hopefully it won't be like this for ever. I got so very low and just wanted to die..and said so to my children after Charles passed away. Somehow after that day, little by little I climbed the hill again. Wish I could tell you how it happened but I don't know. I now have a cat..it helps. She's a vocal little thing and seems to chat to me all day long.. One day at the time Badger! Sending a hug :hug:

Offline Badger55

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 07:45:41 AM »
Thank you all for your lovely kind words.  Really helpful to hear all of this.

Much love to you all
Badger xx