Author Topic: New here  (Read 2609 times)

Offline A.G

New here
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »
Hi everyone, I just signed up. I lost my Dad several months ago, although it still feels like yesterday. I've not been coping well but counselling/therapy doesn't feel right for me because I don't like talking face do face with people and I think I would rather discuss everything with people I feel will sadly understand.
Thank you for having me here

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:41:03 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »
Hi.A few months is early days really and I think one of the things that make us think we arnt coping is an expectation that we will feel better much sooner than we do,and also others around us also have that expectation.No one can really understand how we feel if they havnt experienced it.Keep talking too us and we will try to support you, as long as you need all of us are at some stage of the grief journey, we  arnt professional councellors,but have been in your shoes.

Offline A.G

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 03:00:10 PM »
Thank you for the hugs and helpful words, I guess I have been putting a lot of pressure on myself to be 'better' and I think that makes it even harder to cope.
I will keep talking to you and reading through other people's advice and experiences. It definitely makes a difference to not feel alone
Thank you

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 05:54:47 PM »
It's so easy to put pressure on ourselves, and when hurting I guess it's instinct to try and get away from it (usually by putting expectations on ourselves)

Focus on the little steps forward and making progress but be gentle with yourself on those days you need to rest or feel you've stumbled.  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx