Author Topic: Feeling a bit low  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Kes1968

Feeling a bit low
« on: July 16, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »
Hi all

Feeling a bit low today and tearful, was supposed to be sorting through clothes to put out for the charity shop people but I don’t feel like doing that at the moment, I have got about five big boxes of stuff for them to take tomorrow alongside the cabinet they’re collecting, I’m sure I can either do the clothes sorting another day or I might do it this evening, I’ll see how I feel. I’ve also had a complicated looking form come from the land registry as it doesn’t appear to be the case that although I filled in the requisite forms during the house purchase process, the solicitor doesn’t seem to have transferred the property over to me via the land registry, I’ve left a message for her to call me and clarify that. Sorry to hit such a negative note , hope everyone here is ok. I’ve just put some washing out on the line and my wheelie bin has arrived, yippee, so I’ve stuck my house number stickers on it ready for dustbin day on Thursday! 😂 I had a nice meal out with some friends last night, we went to the local restaurant where they do a very nice carvery for £10, and one of my friends stayed over with me last night which was nice, my first real house guest!!  There I’ve tried to end with a happier note 😀. Just sitting out on the patio, Harry’s been for his walkies and eaten his dinner. He’s lying down next to me.

Offline Kes1968

Re: Feeling a bit low
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 04:29:08 PM »
Update, I’ve just phoned the land registry people who were very helpful, my application is in the system, apparently the conveyancing solicitor IS supposed to deal with that side of things, they’ve advised me to speak to the solicitor and ask where they’re st with it all, but it is in progress and I don’t have to worry about the forms that arrived today, phew!!

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 05:56:06 PM »
Further update, had a call from the solicitor, it IS in hand and I will get the deeds eventually, timescale wise,but it can take up to three months for the changes to take effect,( with the land registry),  she ( v nice lady, she’s the solicitors assistant, ) said that I don’t have to worry but not to get too excited re deeds, apparently they’re only two pages in length!! Suits me, I hate wading through legalese at the best of times!!
Had to come inside for the moment as a little too hot on the patio, not complaining but I’ll wait until it cools off again 😂. Also just had a gander at the swimming timetable at the local leisure centre, only ten minutes up the road and there are a number of adult only swimming sessions most days, early morning or later evening, I’ve just received my new swimming costume in the post so I’ll be able to nip off for a swim later this week!!

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 09:17:00 PM »
Ive known that feeling, it is hard going through belongings.  I had boxes of my dads stuff a couple of years before I could tackle them

Glad to hear all is getting sorted with the deeds. They're not very exciting, but in a way they are when its your house! :-)

Im always complaining about the weather recently, way too hot for me at the moment. Decided I'm definitely an Autumn girl lol!  But in the eves its a lovely temperature to sit outside :-) I tidied up my roses today, I have 3 in a little rose garden/section and I could see the dreaded blackspot starting.  I was so hot and sweaty just from doing that, and cleaning the birdbath this morning. Havent achieved much this afternoon, although did paint my nails! (Its my non working day today)

Since joining here I started writing down up to 3 things I'm grateful for each day, and I still do it now. It really helped me to pick out the positives , just like you have below.  There is research which shows it helps our minds pick up on the positives and build resilience  (theres an interesting ted talk by shawn achor called the happy secret to better work, which covers that too) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »
Thanks Emz, well done with the roses, sounds like they’re really cherished,  I must get a birdbath for my garden, I want one of those large saucer sized baths but I’m still looking.
I think it was more that I hadn’t slept well last night, hormones (darned things!) and a lack of motivation because I was feeling depressed, but I know what you mean about sorting through a cherished ones belongings, I’ve kept aside what I want to keep but I’m bound to find more things here and there as  I go through stuff even though I spent four weeks before I moved clearing mum and dads things and deciding what to keep etc. That’s a really good idea about writing three positive points/ things down each day, I’ll try and do that. Thanks xxx hope you’re ok ? Xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 09:52:27 PM »
I love autumn too 😀

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 06:36:27 AM »
Hormones are a pain, and lack of sleep has such an effect! Be gentle with yourself those days!

I'm really lucky that my dad bought me a birdbath for my birthday before I lost him, and it is much loved by the birds. The birds have helped me on my journey, I started feeding them more after I lost him,  I now have a morning routine, I get up, put the kettle on, let the dog out and throw a handful of suet pellets out for the birds and stand a few moments watching them.  Now, if I go out in the garden sparrows gather in the apple tree and fence and they seemingly shout at me. Never fails to make me smile :-) garden is always full of bird song

Im a little hayfever'y this morn so hope my antihistamine kicks in quickly or its going to be hard work working today!  Hope today is kind to you xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 08:00:00 AM »
I’ve found my bird bath!! I’ve ordered two and I’ll get some of the the suet pellets you mentioned to throw out as well 😀👍
Hay fever is a pain, I used to suffer but not so much now, occasionally but fortunately not to the same degree,hope you can  enjoy your day!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:01:54 AM by Kes1968 »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 08:11:58 AM »
Yeay, sounds good :-)  My birds like the suet pellets from wilko's,  I buy a big box and it works out ok cost wise :-)

Feel like I'm trekking this morn - was on the 7:24 train, traveling to a team mtg today xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 08:16:50 AM »
Yeay, sounds good :-)  My birds like the suet pellets from wilko's,  I buy a big box and it works out ok cost wise :-)

Feel like I'm trekking this morn - was on the 7:24 train, traveling to a team mtg today xx

Oh my I don’t miss my morning bus commute, so much easier now I can just walk up the hill and across the road to work,speaking of which, I’m  back tomorrow from my annual leave! I’ve got the charity shop people coming today for their bits and pieces, I’m going to gather a couple of bags worth of clothes together for them as well and try to make a start on clearing the spare bedroom, putting stuff in the loft etc. Thanks for the tip re Wilco’s, we’ve got one in Truro so I’ll have a gander in there 😀👍

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
 :rainbow:had another cry this morning when the charity guys refused to take the cabinet, I felt guilty for not bringing it indoors but I just don’t have the room and it’s such a shame having to keep it outside although it is covered, I’ve now put it for sale in a few of my Facebook for sale groups, I can put it in the shed when that’s been installed but that’s not happening until next Monday. I didn’t cry in front of the men but later on after they’d left. They wouldn’t take the pine kitchen chair either, they’re so fussy!!  :angry: so I’ve posted that as well. I’ve not got any further with the spare bedroom but I know I’ll have to get on with it at some point !! My new floor lamp has arrived and I’ve installed it and it looks v nice 👍 Harry’s had his first meal and is lying down with me in the lounge, sorry to be down again, I’m sure I’ll get my act together soon

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »
Have just heard as well that my friend can’t look after my pooch in August so I won’t be going away now, a bit disappointed but can’t be helped, although it’s probably just as well, I’d only have worried about him the whole time

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 02:38:22 PM »
I’ve made a small inroad into the spare bedroom! I can actually get in there now!

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 07:37:20 AM »
Never need to apologise,  it's a rollercoaster journey  :hug: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 09:57:21 PM »
Thanks a Emz, I’ve been back to work today and it was lovely to see everyone, feel a bit better today