Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147193 times)

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #510 on: May 29, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »
I'm off birds at the moment, well to be exact Starlings. Early in spring I saw some workmen at a neighbours house 'foaming' a hole at the top of the soil stack where it goes through his roof tiles. We moved to this house about 45 years ago and the gap has always been there and Starlings always nested in there. I've watched their comings and goings with interest. Seen Magpies reaching in and taking the nestlings etc. Anyway, I jokingly shouted across to my neighbour about him evicting long term tenants.

The little b*****s have now found a gap at the bottom edge of my tiles into the roof space above my 'Sunroom' where I sit when I'm looking out over the garden. I've got french windows in there and the gap they are using is right above the windows which I am having to wash every day. They seem to have perfected a flight path into their 'entrance' the last part of which involves dropping a 'white bomb'  :rolleyes:. Come winter the bottom row of tiles will have to come up and some finger guard strip will be going in  :smiley:.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2018, 10:21:58 PM »
Just watched "Nothing like a Dame" on BBC 2 and it's made me feel tremendously sad - I don't know why - anybody else see it?

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2018, 10:56:07 PM »
Didn't see it George........is it about Christopher Biggins?  he usually plays Dames in Panto's.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #513 on: June 03, 2018, 07:39:06 AM »
Morning Brian - No, real Dames  :smiley: Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Eileen Atkins and Joan Plowright. I think that now I'm more used to being alone and spending most of my time sort of living in the past, mentally that is, it was sad to see the ravages of time particularly on Judi Dench (who I always found very attractive  :grin: ). For the same reason I hate seeing video/photos of myself except those taken when I was in my late teens/early 20's. The calendar says I'm 71 but my brain tells me I'm 19  :rofl:.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #514 on: June 03, 2018, 07:55:57 AM »
I am feeling a bit of your starling problem with the foxes. At first very sweet and cute to watch them but now they are being so naughty. On different nights they have bitten through the wire for my solar lights, knocked over the dog poo bag bin and scattered them all over the garden, splitting one on the decking leaving a mess and have also poo'd on my decking - which has stained  :angry:

Grrrr!!!  Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #515 on: June 03, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
 :rofl: Sorry I shouldn't laugh but the idaa of the starlings coming in and releasing Whit bombs made me laugh.Do you think they employ a stool pigeon to watch for when you go and sit down so they can go in and take aim just to let you know they have the upper hand. :rofl:

As it's my 21st birthday again today i am relling myself that while the ravages of time is something that come too us all . But while shiny and new has it's merits we should never under estimate the value of an antique. :whistle:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #516 on: June 11, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »
I had to give in and put a handful of mealworms out this morning after receiving a withering look from my Robin. It's currently got a couple of fledgelings following it around begging to be fed -

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #517 on: June 11, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »
 :rofl: nice cartoon -I also got mobbed this morning by mr and mrs blackbird - the Starlings seem to have moved on though - i havnt sen them for a week or so.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2018, 08:29:06 PM »
 :shocked: just realised think I missed your 21st bday karena! So sorry!  Hope you had a nice day and ate loads of cake!  Sending a belated birthday hug

Lol, love the cartoon and the robin! :-)   i pretty much get mugged every time I step outside now, have some little sparrows that line up on the fence then fly at me! :-)
Still having fox issues, they've dug up the corner of the gravel rose garden twice now and then dug into/flung soil from a pot on to my decking (likely scattering all the poppy seeds I had planted, now all over the decking/patio)  :undecided:  they are cute, I just wish they would stop trashing my garden now, has become tedious quickly :-( xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:31:27 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #520 on: June 12, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »
Thanks Brian, I'll look into that.  Feels like I'm going through the teenage years with them acting up! Lol xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #521 on: June 12, 2018, 10:25:58 PM »
a
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:31:54 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #522 on: June 13, 2018, 09:10:31 AM »
Haha  :rofl: i meant the foxes are going through their teen years :-)
They dug up the corner of the gravel rose area again last night, grrrr! I need to have words with them, they're grounded!! Lol xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #523 on: June 13, 2018, 01:17:43 PM »
grounding teenagers - ooo risky - the shouting and slamming of doors, then muttered but audible sarcasm,and surly resentment -isnt fun -  and then you find you,ve grounded yourself because if you go out, theyre going to ask all their mates round for a party - because theyre "not breaking the grounding rules" - and the mates arnt grounded. just get a tazer. :rofl:

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #524 on: June 13, 2018, 02:35:01 PM »
S
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:32:15 PM by GHOST »