Author Topic: New Widower Support Needed  (Read 1231 times)

Offline joli

New Widower Support Needed
« on: November 07, 2018, 06:39:03 PM »
I am a new widower. My wife passed recently, 6 weeks ago.
I know it's very recent and there's a long way to go for me but I didn't realise how bad the pain of grieving was until now.
My wife died on September 21st this year. She was only diagnosed with Lung Cancer on March 5th 2018.
I see a Bereavement Counsellor once a week but I need someone to talk to at times when I feel lonely. This forum is helpful because members are going through the same pain I'm experiencing.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New Widower Support Needed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:48:45 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
Hope you find the forum a source of support.   We also have a live chat room in the evenings (I'm not sure what time they start, but you can find the link on our home page)
Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New Widower Support Needed
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »
 :hug: seven years since my husband died and of course i still miss him - but the pain of those early days does reduce in time - its a bit of a roller coaster - you think youre doing ok then something slaps you back down again - i think what happens is we learn to live with it rather than "get over it" "move on" or any of the other misguided cliches people throw at us.
Back then i also found this place to be a lifeline -so i hope it will be for you too.On the one hand it is grief that brings us here but we also have the daily chat section - because sometimes its the little things we miss not just the big ones  - the how was your day, whats for tea type conversations, no -one to share sad thoughts, but also the good or funny stuff which increases the lonliness.