Author Topic: Moving on  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Niftysixty7

• New Members
Moving on
« on: September 02, 2018, 08:13:22 AM »

I do hope this helps some one, I’ve posted here over the last five years about a life after a death. We were married for forty five years, inseparable, worked together and he was my best friend. However it wasn’t , like most marriages all sweetness and light, and some of the issues didn’t die with him.....but five years down the road I’m a stronger woman, very independent, like myself (which l think is very important) spoil myself, allow myself to do and have what l want, basically l look and care and love myself. The one thing l have felt over the last five years, apart from the loss, was the loss of inner contentment. I still have my moments, but Jack is never coming back, do l want whatever is left of this extremely brief life, to be unhappy, no l don’t.
     I looked for this desire to give me inner peace both in drink, men anything l could find. I know I’m an extremely lucky woman, very aware of that, but l needed to be content with me, and my blonde four legged friend. I dont look back as I’m not going that way,l don’t think l look too far forward either, day to day,for me.
    And for those lovely people who knew, l have been offered the job, have applied for numerous places and have finally found one which suits, twelve hours per week, not a lot but helps put some structure in my week.
    I know it may sound easy, it’s not, l suppose what I’m hoping is that whatever is left of MY life will be as fulfilled as l can make it, because ultimately only l can acheive that.
   Much love to all on this hard road. 💋💋

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Moving on
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 06:57:27 AM »
 :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 03:35:39 PM »
Thankyou for your encouragement, and congrats on the job. :hug:

Offline Nicole

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
Good luck with your new job Niftysixty and thankyou for sharing your encouraging post.

Offline Staying Afloat

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 07:35:40 PM »
Thank you for sharing your story. It gives me hope that it is possible to be happy again after losing someone so special to you. Congrarulations on the job too.