Author Topic: Hi sorry I’ve not been around  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Kes1968

Hi sorry I’ve not been around
« on: October 18, 2018, 09:47:44 PM »
Hi everyone, sorry I’ve been busy elsewhere, just wanted to pop in and say hi to you all and catch up with all your news. I might be getting another dog! I’ve applied to a rescue centre to adopt a three year old lurcher cross called Fergal. The centre are sending a lady called jo to me tomorrow evening to assess me and my possible suitability. I’m off to Oxford on the train on Saturday morning for five days and it’s my fiftieth birthday on Sunday! I’ve had ups and downs, I’ve been looking after Oscar still one day a week and alternating weekends. Work has improved because I’m moving around different departments and I have enjoyed the places I’ve been to and felt more appreciated than I had been lately.  I’m hoping I can still have Oscar alongside my next dog if it’s possible, it depends on various things, if I’m allowed to adopt fergal . He gets on well with most dogs but can be timid with large males so I’ll talk about it with the lady when she comes tomorrow. Hoping everyone is ok, xxx
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:13:28 AM by Kes1968 »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hi sorry I’ve not been around
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 10:48:09 AM »
Hi
Good luck with Fergal - i have had my daughters dog Rufus for the last couple of weeks - they were house moving and he got so overstressed when she started packing boxes. His original humans had moved out and left him and another dog in a cupboard under the stairs with no food or water, fortunately the neighbours heard them whining and scratching - how can people behave like that - so he has been on holiday not witnessing the move at all - but going home tonight - i am going to miss him.Its times like this when i get so tempted to get another for myself - but sentiment over practicality isnt fair to the dog.- oh and i ended up with another fish - again rescued by a grandson  this time from a leaky tank and owner who wasnt bothered about keeping it - it seems i am fated to be a fish rescue centre like it or not  :rofl:

Glad your job is feeling better - mine remains the same pretty much but even more lonely without another female in the building anymore ( no offence guys) but  the drone of techie speak in the bcakground has become the white noise of this building.I heard mention of a turtle this morning and momentarilly became interested thinking it was a turtle  turtle - then realised its a flipping build it yourself robot - maybe i should have stayed to listen i could get one of those instead of a dog.  :rolleyes:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 02:14:45 PM »
Lovely to hear your update.  :hug:  good luck with fergal - lurchers are certainly an interesting breed from my experience!
  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:01:51 PM »
Well the home check lady seemed happy with everything, I’ll get a call hopefully in the next few days to let me know the decision. I’ve explained about having Oscar one day a week and alternating weekends, I’ve explained I would like to keep going with that if I can and if the dog I end up with can tolerate that. I might not get fergal, I hope I do get him but she couldn’t commit herself, it is up to them and fergals foster carer. Fingers crossed!! Hugs to everyone here xxxx