Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 4076 times)

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
Re: Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 10:30:01 PM »
I
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:02:01 PM by GHOST »

Offline Kes1968

Re: Christmas
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 07:43:53 AM »
I will be glad to see the back of xmas but January isn't going to be great as its Ruth's Birthday on the 3rd and then the 21st is the day she died this year.....I am having some flowers delivered for her as i have done on her birthday since i met her but it so strange not being able to ask her opinion on something like cooking etc. I have her ashes (as well as her sisters and mothers here in one of the spare bedrooms) and her favourite flowers and something you will probably think i am daft doing.....she always had a favourite perfume and since she died i squirt some on a silk flowers display sometimes i walk past the room and think she's in there with the scent wafting out if only she was there I would be the happiest man in the world.
You have mentioned Christmas decorations above and i thought for the first time I would buy some solar powered outdoor christmas tree lights......i strung them up on a Korean Fir tree and also some on a Rowan Tree and they actually looked quite nice for around 15 minutes........there is a slight problem with solar powered lights up here in Scotland.......we don't get enough daylight through the day to recharge the batterys so they turn on as soon as its dark and then gradually go off after 15 minutes LOL  now ain't that typical of me?  the village idiot strikes again.
Next year i will also be buggering off (blame Kes for the bad language lol) I am off to the mountains to see if i can get some mountain hare photos.

that's a lovely way to remember her Brian, and I agree as I think others will that anniversaries are hard. February 21st will be the first year anniversary of mum's death next year and July 26th was her birthday. LOL at buggering off, I think it's an excellent idea, although im not sure where I will bugger off to!