Author Topic: Mum  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Mooch

Mum
« on: February 19, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »
Hello,
I'm a 'newbie' - love that term...
My beloved Dad died Oct 2013 following a terminal illness and then my beloved Mum pass out of the blue end Sept 2017.
I am not coping at all.  Feeling very lost & alone.
Can't believe I am turning typing this really.....

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Mum
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:36:10 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: this grief rollercoaster truly sucks, you're never alone here. Hold on in there xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Mum
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »
 :hug: It is hard to cope when you become an orphan no matter what age you are -i remember sorrow but also a feeling of fear when my mum died -she was suposed to get old and i was suposed to look after her in her old age thats how it is suposed to work - but she never got old, and now suddenly i was the matriarch -the one who had to take up her role and i wasnt up too it i could never be just like her.
Our parents are our foundations the building blocks of our lives,  we move away have careers famillys homes of our own and take responsability for our own lives, but those foundations stay strong. When the first one dies we are there for the other one, half the foundations have slid away but the rest remains, but then the second one goes and suddenly all those building blocks have gone too -but they are not really gone, we cant see them for a while  -but one day when you are searching for an answer you find one of those blocks, because all that they gave us,and all they taught us is never really gone but remains as do they, in our hearts and minds.