Author Topic: First Mothers Day  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Twinkle

First Mothers Day
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
As Sunday got closer I felt myself getting lower and lower, I got through the day, but it feels like the slow progress I had made in living without Mum has gone right back to square one

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: First Mothers Day
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:49:34 PM »
 :hug:its fourteen years since my mum died -but even so i found myself feeling sad that she wasnt with me on sunday. This is a roller coaster journey and sometimes you find yourself feeling as though you are back at the beginning -but youre never in reality quite that far back, and over time you do start to land just a little further away from the start point and each time you can accelerate back away from the starting point just that little bit faster than the time before.

Offline Twinkle

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 05:19:36 PM »
Thank you  :hug: I hope so,  it just seems to have highlighted how pointless everything is, the word I would use is floundering, trying to find my way x

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »
 :hug:it isnt pointless but sometimes it gets so dark we cant see the point,and floundering is part of so many of lifes journeys but this is probably the worst of those - change we didnt want or expect, and which casts us adrift further than any other ever has -  its a horrible experience sometimes we feel more like we are drowing than floundering,sometimes it feels like drowning would be the easiest option but even when we cant see it those we have lost remain our life rafts -through their wisdom and our memory of them -  its exhausting and we cant even see the shore but there always is one -it might even be the wrong shore we find first an illusion even,  and we might have to go back out and flounder again until we see the right one but we will find it in the end.   

Offline Twinkle

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:50:41 AM »
Those are beautiful words, as drowning has been my favoured option lately, but Mum and Dads strength and all they taught me, should get me through, like you say, it is just so hard