Author Topic: Hi, I'm new to the group x  (Read 1567 times)

Offline chrissiewissie

Hi, I'm new to the group x
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:44:17 PM »
Hi,
Not sure what to say, but I lost my brother suddenly and unexpectedly 3 weeks ago today.
He was 43 and we still don't have answers about how he died.
I have a hundred other things going on in my life at the same time, which is adding to my stress and anxiety.
I feel constantly anxious and sad and yet completely numb, and feel guilty if I do something nice or laugh.
I don't ever want life to be normal again or move on from this as it feels like everyone will just forget him.
I'm probably not making much sense but it would be nice to talk to people who get it.
C x

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hi, I'm new to the group x
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:30:08 PM »
Feeling guilty if you laugh or treat yourself is something I think most of us have done,yet it makes no sense that this is also a time when we need to find something to smile about and to be kind too ourselves.Its only a short time since it happened and we do go into a kind of shock,but you don't need to remain at this stage forever to keep someone's memory alive.Over time you can do that by remembering their whole lives,not just that their time here has ended,and by living our own lives in a way which honours them.It takes a while,and its a roller coaster journey.
I think it does help to have somewhere to write and share with others who are also at various points on this journey none of us ever wanted to take,and that's why this site works so well,it was a lifeline for me and I hopevthat it will be for you too.We will be here as long as you need us. :hug: