Author Topic: Lossing my nan  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Jem

Lossing my nan
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:08:33 AM »
I sadly lost my nan 4 weeks ago. I was with her when she went and I have been to visit her since. We have the funeral this week and I'm ment to be reading the Eulogy, but as It gets closer and family members keep getting me to change things in it, I'm becoming more not willing to do it! I know if I say I cant do it. Then the vicar will or my uncle will give it ago! I just feel so many emotions that I'm getting so annoyed with all my family.
I guess I feel like I don't have much support, but I'm ment to be the strong one in the family but feeling far from that right now. I don't really talk to anyone about it an that's kind of not helping. But I don't know how to start it. My husband is at work and there not happy about him having full day off for funeral so he just have half day off. I just really need him with me as we have 3 young kids and I feel I cant grieve at the moment and I need to. I just want time in the day on my own, so I can visit my nan again for one last time.
I don't really know what I except to hear from anyone. I'm just hoping by writing this it will help me.

Offline Fleur

Re: Lossing my nan
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:00:15 PM »
Hello Jem, I'm sorry to hear that you are so sad and experiencing some difficulties with the eulogy. These things have a way of working themselves out though. I can remember very well how I felt when my Nan died and its natural that you are feeling anxious, you have come to the right place for support though. I haven't been here long myself but the people have been very kind and understanding. I hope you will come back and "talk" some more, I'm sure it helps.
 :hug:
This too shall pass.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:22:20 PM »
Getting time for yourself with 3 little ones isn't easy.If you mean visit your Nan at the funeral parlour they may open in the evening for that.
Regarding the Eulogy I wonder if it would help for someone to stand next to you while you read it,then they can discretely take over if it gets too emotional,perhaps your uncle would do that.But please don't worry about crying at a funeral its fine if you do find you can't go on reading,you don't have to be the strong one all the time. :hug:

Offline Jem

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:32:46 PM »
Thank you ladies. Im trying to get husband home early tomorrow so i can see her for the last time! I can read the Eulogy to myself but the last paragraph i wrote and it always makes me well up. Im just hoping i can as that will sound odd someone else reading it. Its just seeing others upset that will start me off. My cousin was doing it with me but said last week he couldnt do it!
It has really hit me in the last few days. Maybe cause its so close now.