Author Topic: Lost my mum and dad in just 6 months  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Brina

Lost my mum and dad in just 6 months
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
Hi friends... I lost my dad on December 5th last year, after a long cancer treatment. It was sort of expected, of course, but still very hard. Then I lost my mom on July 7th this year, which was a complete shock. I was on a holiday and she just wouldn't pick up her mobile phone for hours. Completely unike her, I knew somethingwas terribly wrong. Phoned a neighbour and she found her at the bottom of the staris. She died in a hospital the next day, never regaining consciousness. I was at her side, talking to her, but she was gone already.

We thought for 3 months it was an accident (a puppy dog tripping her so she fell on the staris), but it was in fact a stroke, folowed by a fall, authopsy revealed. In any case, it was sudden, no chance for goodbye. My mum was 80, but very fit and we both expected she would be with me for at least a decade more. We would be having such a wonderful time after so many sad years with our dying dad. I feel she was cheated, feel I was cheated. Have a really hard time accepting what happened. Cannot really believe she is gone forever. Now all there is just empty house, her wonderful clothes, her flowers... I dream about her, I refuse to wash some of her clothes so I could smell her, I keep writing her emails, which we used to do for years. So wonderful that I can re-read them now... I find myself envying people of my age who still have their parents. I have a wonderful husband, but no one else. He is now the only person standing between me and a somplete solitude. I dread something may happen to him as well...

Feels comforting to read about other people going through a loss. They are the only ones who understand..

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my mum and dad in just 6 months
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »
Sending you a big welcome hug  :hug:  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my mum and dad in just 6 months
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
 :hug: welcome too the forum.Losing your parents is always devastating,losing both within such a short time must have totally knocked the foundations from under your feet,so hardly surprising you worry about losing your husband now as well.Grief is a brutal reminder of the fragility of life, and conversely a time when everything is an effort and it feels like we will never laugh again,let alone live life fully, without loved ones , while at the same time that reminder has us  re evaluating and reprioratising what is most important.