Author Topic: New to the forum.  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Ste121

New to the forum.
« on: November 07, 2017, 11:22:23 PM »
Hello, my name is Steve I’m 45 and I have been widowed for almost 4 years. I lost my wife to cancer and we have daughter who is 13 in a few weeks 😬. I almost feel I shouldn’t be here after all this time, but I find myself typing nonetheless and ready to give this a try.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:25:52 PM by Ste121 »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New to the forum.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:35:39 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Everyone is welcome Steve, we have lots of people at different stages of the grief journey here. We never 'get rid' of grief, we learn to build our lives back around it.  Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New to the forum.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »
Hi Steve.Its fine to be here now,sometimes those around us expect we will " get over it" or "move on" and we do a good job of pretending we have,painting on the smile which never quite reaches our heart but fools them.The point of being here is we don't have to do that but can be honest with ourselves.Its not all about grief entirely either,we have every day chat section as many of us are missing even just that normality of how the day was,or how to do stuff round the house that was part of our lives with those we lost which just add to missing them,and sometimes group meet ups  in the real world as friendships grow.
Finding this site was a huge help for me when my husband died,I hope that it can become the same for you.