Author Topic: Introduction - loss of a loved one  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Pauline Mc

Introduction - loss of a loved one
« on: March 19, 2016, 06:24:59 PM »
I've been a member of this group since June 2014 after losing my partner suddenly in May 2014 age 53.  It has been a lifeline to me - especially the evening chat room in the early days.

I went on the 2015 BUK meet in Birmingham last year and can't wait to go on the Bristol BUK meet this year.  I have made some wonderful friends from this meet who I know will be friends for life.

Thanks Dave for this wonderful site.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Introduction - loss of a loved one
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 08:08:22 PM »
It was indeed fantastic to meet you too Pauline as well as all the lovely members (now my friends) who also came. For those who haven't heard yet we have a meet up in Bristol for a whole weekend in May, that by the sounds of what's being planned by Norma and Emz is going to be a meet up that really shouldn't be missed.

Thanks for the lovely words you said about the site Pauline, it means a lot to all of us. xx
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Jude M

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 08:00:24 PM »
I've been a member of this group since June 2014 after losing my partner suddenly in May 2014 age 53.  It has been a lifeline to me - especially the evening chat room in the early days.

I went on the 2015 BUK meet in Birmingham last year and can't wait to go on the Bristol BUK meet this year.  I have made some wonderful friends from this meet who I know will be friends for life.

Thanks Dave for this wonderful site.

Not sure if I am going Pauline to the meet, hoping to be starting a new job soon but it means working alternative weekend, even though I will be finished at 2pm, its not worth time wise coming down for a couple of hours, plus I cant leave Pip in the house all day either.
But I will be with you all in spirit if I cant make it  :azn:
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline Cleo

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 08:28:21 PM »
This group sounds lovely and I hope it can provide support.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »
This group sounds lovely and I hope it can provide support.

We have a huge history Cleo going back many years from our former board we used and have become like a virtual family we all bring our troubles and woes too knowing they will be listened to by understanding and sympathetic ears.  :smiley:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.