Author Topic: The recent loss of my Wife.  (Read 2140 times)

Offline stephenpaul

The recent loss of my Wife.
« on: April 19, 2018, 09:11:05 AM »
Hello.

I discovered this forum yesterday and I have been searching for a way to contact people who have been through a major loss of a loved one.

My wife passed away suddenly in February before my eyes, just before Valentine's Day. We had never spent a night apart for over 22 years and I am really struggling to deal with her death. Today would be our Wedding Anniversary and I would welcome any advice from people on here to help me through the feelings of desolation and loneliness I feel daily. I work every day and that has become a shield to hide behind until I return home.

I have been told by friends, family,etc. to deal with life on a day by day basis, and I have started bereavement counselling as of Monday. However, it is the sheer loss of my beloved wife that I need help to cope with and those of you on here, are the people who I believe can best aid me.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: The recent loss of my Wife.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:40:46 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
We have quite a few members here who have lost their partners and I'm sure will be able to share their support. February is very early days, i hope you find the forum a support on this rollercoaster journey xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
Welcome Stephen.
I lost my husband 7 years ago and Emz is right Februry is very early days.Bereavement counselling helped me so hopefully it will you too,and its refreshing to hear friends and familly are saying take a day at a time as often they dont understand and make some very unhelpful comments instead, they are right,and it is a roller coaster of a journey -sometimes you find the carriage feels like its rolling back down the hill you just climbed, but the drops are not so steep and it happens less further along the way.
I did find being here a life-saver -not just somwhere to talk (write) about your grief -but also as a kind of extended familly -we are all strangers with one thing in common when we come here,and we support each other, but we also find there are other things in common, and the world feels just a little less lonely, -which is why we have an everyday chat section -because sometimes what we miss, as well as the big stuff of course, is the moments we would turn to say something -tell some-one what happened at work whats for tea, what film you saw and when no one is there that increases the hurt and solitude.

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
I
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 06:04:55 PM by GHOST »

Offline stephenpaul

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 09:22:57 AM »
Thank you Emz, Karena and The Laird of Galloway for you welcome and replies to me.

It is the loneliness I feel which is the most difficult to deal with, after spending many years together. I still 'feel' her presence, for want of a better description and taking things on a day by day basis, is all I can do.

My wife never really got on with my family, but they have been a great help to me over the last few weeks, and after what seems a considerable delay, her funeral can now go ahead, after the cause of her sudden death has now finally been determined.

Offline chrhow

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
I lost my wife 51 days ago. Died suddenly with no pre warning , together since we we're 15. Completely lost like you said . Trying to start some for of counselling , even a long waiting list for that. Trying to survive always happy to talk.

Offline stephenpaul

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »
I lost my wife 51 days ago. Died suddenly with no pre warning , together since we we're 15. Completely lost like you said . Trying to start some for of counselling , even a long waiting list for that. Trying to survive always happy to talk.

I understand all too well how you are feeling. Counselling helps, but being with other people is very important. I know full well the sense of loss will always be there, until I am reunited with my wife.

Please feel free to P.M. me or e-mail.