Author Topic: Stunned at the loss of my husban  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Noelle002

• New Members
Stunned at the loss of my husban
« on: May 23, 2018, 11:44:15 PM »
I lost my husband of 11 years to metastatic gall bladder cancer. I was his caregiver the last three months and witnessed his passing. I have never felt this alone. I am overwhelmed by all I have to do but am also at a loss from all of the things I no longer have to do. I am hopeful that talking with all of you will help me to heal from my grief. I look forward to getting to know everyone. Noelle

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Stunned at the loss of my husban
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
Hi Noelle -  :hug: Even when some-one is really ill it is still a huge shock to lose them, and even while others are around, you still feel alone.Its a wretched roller coaster of a journey and all of us are on it at different stages. I lost my husband 7 years ago, and even though i have found some peace with that,he is still part of my life everyday, and sometimes the lonliness still prevails, but finding this place back then was a lifeline. I think we learn to live with grief so it becomes much less overwhelming but always carry them with us. In the early days all we can really do is get through each hour and each day as it comes and be kind too yourself.
As well as talking about our grief here we do have an everyday chat section, and sometimes thats what we really need too, just to share that ordinary stuff -it helps with the lonliness, and along the way we do often find we have things other than our grief in common and so real friendships develop.

Offline Noelle002

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 01:56:08 PM »
Karena,
You are exactly right that grief is a journey. It does change us forever. While it has been devastating I have also learned a great deal about myself, my relationship with my husband and about true, giving love. Thank you so much for responding to my post. Today I will be having his visitation and tomorrow will be his funeral so the next few days will be very hard. Noelle

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:08:12 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 11:42:47 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: thinking of you today Noelle.

Offline Noelle002

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 03:41:22 PM »
Thank you arms and Karena. I need those hugs today. Getting through the funeral is going to be hard.