Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147804 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »
I,m trying to do two at the moment they're like buses you wait ages then two come along at once.One is about smart technology  mostly for work it might help to understand the gist of what they bang on about at staff meetings.the other is about climate change and agriculture that's to add to my ever increasing collection of permaculture related subjects.

Actually nutrition would slot into that too,but I think two is enough for now,there is another work related one coming up as soon as the first one finishes about the internet of things. I,m starting to feel too old for all this technology :wchair: and now I sound like my granny but she was referring to video players. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2017, 11:01:39 PM »
Sign up to it anyway so its in your course list, then do it later once you've done others :-D. Wont have the active comments, but can still read them :-D xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »
Very quiet on here the last few days, how is everyone doing?

Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »
Having a few difficult few days, Birthday and Anniversary.  Hope your doing ok Emz? x

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #259 on: February 02, 2017, 09:56:03 PM »
I'm not doing too bad emz. I know I've got a few rough ones coming up but I'm in a bit of a lull at the moment.

Offline Didi63

« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2017, 10:16:54 AM »
 :hug: to those that may need them.
I've been forcing myself to get out, mainly in town, community lunch and even to a crafty group.
At the crafty group, anything goes and I ended up playing Ludo, which I don't think I've ever played before!
Quite enjoyed it 😀.
Today is a down day, though I'm sure the weather doesn't help.
I'm sat here picking at my breakfast, porridge oats with a yogurt. Don't know about anyone else but I get fed up of having the same cereal breakfast.
Also in a bit of a food rut really. Does anyone else seem to buy the same foods each week/month?
I need to start eating healthier, especially now my new job is on the horizon, start 13th February and need to get into good feeding habits.
Been buying new blouses for job too. Going round the charity shops and been lucky to pick up a couple of blouses for £1 each and they look brand new!
What has everyone else been up to lately?

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »
 :hug: for everyone.just back from the weekend away/babysitting wedding thingy.got some rest when the boys were at the wedding but little darlings seemed to be under the impression 5am is an acceptable time to get up when on holiday.so i,m abit tire.got staff meeting tomorow with no prep done so i will be winging it. Just got home and found kitchen cupboards all finished and floor laid,looking very impressive.I saw a picture on fb of our Norma next to a police van with a burly officer either side.So I guess Birmingham meet went well. :rofl:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2017, 09:05:52 PM »
Birmingham was great Karena.
It had got me thinking that there should be a licence for buying Jaegerbombs though.

... and I should not have one.  :whistle:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2017, 10:35:23 PM »
After asking how everyone was I went into a bit of a busy period and never managed to reply
Yeay for the kitchen Karena! :-D
Hope you're coping ok Penny  :hug:
Heehee for the jagerbombs hubby!  I havent had them often but they do certainly add some energy! :-)
Sounds like some great finds there Didi! :-)  I have a few favourites I've found in charity shops :-) the crafty group sounds a fantastic idea. What do you like to craft? Ive always found crafting enjoyable and relaxing, and being with people is good for us too.  I keep meaning to look into organising a games night - whether some of my friends would be interested or to find new people to create a new grouo, try to put more focus on a game and interacting instead of TV.  Not sure where to start though.

In answer to your food question, I do tend to fall into a routine with food sometimes just because its simple.  For example i know if I cook a certain meal it will be tasty and will also provide a couple of lunches too, so is efficient.  I am experimenting at the moment with soup though - trying to make a new flavour soup each week. Which is going well so far.  I do like to look through cook books, which I have lots of, but whether i try new recipes depends on how busy life is
This eve I have come to realise I may be trying to cram too much in (supported by a dear friends concern)  i dont have much planned this week so may specifically plan some 'downtime'
Hope everyone has a good night sleep.  What have you all got planned for this week? Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2017, 10:47:09 PM »
I can't wait for my new boiler to be up and running. I'm absolutely freezing. Lol.

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2017, 08:28:17 AM »
Hi
 Been off the grid for a little while, initially swamped by an email out of the blue of a new freeholder.
 I have a leasehold  on a flat, it's one of four in a Victorian house. He's planning on major repairs and maintenance, so big bill. I need a lease extension using up all and more of my savings  to then qualify for a life time mortgage to pay for everything now and then have access to money to top up my my limited monthly income
 overwhelmed,  stressed  panic anxiety, all the time,  gradually calmed down, and breathing again thinking how George would respond to this type of thing. "It's only money" "you just get on with it"
Taking on his mindset.
 This has really helped and I started to accept what's happening and put things into perspective. Yes money IS important but now I recognise I'm fortunate to have options even tho'  they're not of my choosing. And of course nothing, nothing, can ever be as bad as losing George

Now busy ploughing through it all,  but in a better frame of mind.
meeting up with three people I can now call  friends  who I met through group support sessions
. So looking forward to that ....

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2017, 09:00:07 AM »
Hope your boiler work hurries up hubby, not the time to have no heating  :undecided:  :shocked:

Oh Rosaleen, that sounds alot of stress.  Really well done for taking control and managing your mindset - its amazing how powerful our brains can be, and the power of different perspectives. Its often overlooked how powerful breathing techniques are in managing panic and anxiety.  Sending a hug  :hearts: don't forget some TLC for yourself

Thats fab about your new friends  :heart:

Today is my non working day, and I'm having a very restful day with no pressure on myself. Hope everyones day is kind to them xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2017, 06:56:10 PM »
Thanks for the compliment  about taking control,  but I really feel it's George at my shoulder somehow passing on/welding his acceptance view of life to me.  His mindset not mine, but becoming  mine. I find myself thinking of  it as one of his many gifts to me.
 I do use breathing techniques I picked up in yoga years ago.

Hubby,  what a time to have boiler problems!

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2017, 07:37:12 PM »
Rosaleen  :hug:I know what you mean about thinking how they would do,I do it myself its so easy to get into a panic when there is no one to sound off or ask what they think is best,but give yourself credit too love because you are the one tackling the paperwork etc and that's not easy either.

Hubby hope you are not sitting in the cold tonight its freezing already.If only you had that yaegerbomb license you could probably start a lovely bonfire with that stuff,(or alternatively drink it until you don't feel cold anymore.

Emz I recommend you don't start a games night with monopoly,it might end up with violence,but speaking of violence how about cluedo everyone could dress as one of the characters which might make it a good way to break the ice.

Speaking of crafting I have a huge piece of wood if anyone wants to try carving.I have the wood due to not understanding inches and ordering away too much. :rofl:

I am sitting on the sofa surrounded by stuff.kitchen and hall contents are all piled up here,and its starting to look like one of the houses you see on LCD cleaners,unfortunately not theirs but the ones they visit.I,m hoping new tap and lights will arrive soon.also hoping I ordered the right sizes .Apparently tap won't work without half a bar of water pressure,not sure how I would go about finding that out but its a nice looking tap if it doesn't work I can carry water in a bucket from utility room and pretend I,m posh. :rofl:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2017, 10:48:19 PM »
Hooray. The heatings done and the blokes have gone  :yahoo: