Author Topic: All too much, I feel so alone  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Mindfulbutterfly

• New Members
All too much, I feel so alone
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:41:49 AM »
So I lost my Dad to drugs a few months ago it was just a few days before my 21st birthday and I had just recovered and been from the eating disorder unit. This meant I didn't have the support I would have had but I struggled through for the last few months. Now my Grandad is dying they can't do anything more for him and are putting into place end of life care. I feel so weighed down and so very pained by grief but have got so used to hiding how I feel. I just feel so alone and so lost. Had anyone else experienced these feelings of pain and loss? Do they get better?

Also I feel like everyone I love is hurting or dying and I feel so very afraid, is this normal?

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: All too much, I feel so alone
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:28:12 PM »
There is no normal and you are so young to be going through this so its no wonder you are feeling so afraid.Fear is something we all experience as part of grief though no matter what age I think,fear of being left behind and not being able to cope.fear of being alone,fear because it brings it home smashing through the door as a reminder that life can be shorter than we think.Each grief is different and each person grieving is different which is why I said there is no normal,but there are things we recognise here because all of us are somewhere on this horrid grief journey,some of us further than others ,but its all about mutual support and this is a safe space where you can share emotions,have a rant if you want or express your sorrow.We all understand. :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 11:32:31 PM »
Everything you are feeling is perfectly normal. Even though we all grieve differently and your way will be personal to yourself I think many of us will relate to the feelings of everything being too much, feeling alone and fear for the future.

It does get easier to cope with the feelings.

Wishing you strength.  :hug:

Offline Mindfulbutterfly

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:15:44 AM »
Thank you so much for your support, I feel a bit silly now as I typed that out this morning in a bit I a state. However, it's true that this is how I am feeling and it's really nice to have your support, I feel reassured and more normal, so thank you guys <3

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 10:07:15 AM »
Please dont feel silly, we have all been through those moments and emotions, all a natural part of the journey.  It's certainly a rollercoaster
I hope you find support here xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Mindfulbutterfly

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 11:13:24 AM »
Thank you so much <3

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 10:55:36 PM »
There's nothing silly in your post. As emz says we've all had those moments. Sometimes it helps just to type them out to clear your head a bit.