Author Topic: Loss of my nan  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Chezlyth

Loss of my nan
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:20:08 PM »
Hi I'm new to all this. I lost my nan in October and I don't feel like iv been able to grieve. I was so close to her spoke to her everyday and seen her all the time. She was so important to me and was my rock growing up. It was a long illness so in a way was expected yet such a shock when it actually happened.  I was there through her last days thank God.  But she spared us all of seeing her last breath I was in the house just not in her room . I cried straight after and at her funeral but hardly cried any other times I just don't think this is normal considering what she meant to me. Iv been to one session of counselling but felt I couldn't go back as I don't see how talking can help its not going to bring her back or fill this hole in my life . So I thought I would look at forums for people in similar situations. I just don't feel normal in that I feel I haven't grieved

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Loss of my nan
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Grieving takes many different forms,  and can be quite individual. There isn't a right or wrong way to grieve and however you are grieving will be right for you.  There are many emotions on the journey and different timings too  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx