Author Topic: Dad, I just miss you  (Read 2741 times)

Offline rawareham

Dad, I just miss you
« on: March 12, 2017, 08:56:03 PM »
Its my birthday tomorrow and Dad it would be your birthday on Friday. But this year we are going to scatter your ashes instead. I really don't want to do that, I just want to see you again and wish you a happy 61st birthday, instead of my last memory being the day I saw you for your 60th birthday.

I miss you so very much, I don't know what to do with myself. How can it nearly be a year already - it feels like only yesterday I got that phonecall.

I miss you Dad and I love you so much more than you probably ever even knew xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just needed somewhere to write this down to my dad - how have others coped with scattering the ashes of loved one? I'm struggling to even think about it - it terrifies me - does that sound stupid??

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Dad, I just miss you
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
This is a good place to write these things  :hug:
I'm afraid I can't help with any advice,  we haven't scattered my dad's ashes yet (although we do have a memorial stone for him at the crematorium)  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline rawareham

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:08:23 PM »
Thank you for replying xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I just cant face it - somehow its like losing him all over again?

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 07:51:22 AM »
 :hug:

There is no rush to scatter your dads ashes, your heart will tell you when the time is right hun. Xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline bythec

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
I completely know what you mean about it feeling like losing them all over again. My dad passed away at the end of October and his ashes are still at my mums house. I keep getting grand plans about taking them abroad to scatter some where our family live and places my dad went, but then sometimes I just want it over with though then that feels like a disservice to him. I feel guilty leaving them there and know it will be hard whenever we do it. I don't have any answers but just know that you are not alone in your feelings xxxxx