Author Topic: Missing mum on mother's day  (Read 2255 times)

Offline twenties girl

• New Members
Missing mum on mother's day
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:24:25 PM »
Well nearly got through my first mother's day without my mum. Just kept crying at certain points of the day, when i saw something, or thought about something.  Met up with my sister and the kids which was nice for all of us, tried to find somewhere, where there weren't too many families out for the day. Went and released some balloons at mums favourite place, where she used to take all the grandkids.
 I went out with the kids yesterday, so they could buy my card and present and everywhere i looked, was something to do with mother's day. I became really over whelmed in the card shop, as every where i looked was a reminder, that mums no longer with me. I just burst into tears in the middle of the shop... Then i just cried looking round the rest of the shops. The kids just kept hugging me.
Then the guy I've been seeing sent me a cruel text yesterday ending it. He ended it after mums funeral, moaning i didn't talk to him much at the funeral and that my kid's dad was there,  but i was in such a mess, i begged him to take me back. The things you do when you are grieving aren't always the best decisions. All i wanted was mum yesterday to give me a hug and tell me I'll be ok. I'll never have her hugs again.

Offline Cher

• New Members
Re: Missing mum on mother's day
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »
Today was my first mother's day too without my mum.  I have been strong all day, until this evening, just broke down. Its exhausting. The pain inside is like i have an empty gaping hole. Some days still so raw, other days things feel better. Not having a mum can be unbearable, the yearning,  but if i focus on all the good that i do have, focus on how my mum would want me to live my life feeling happy, i feel a little peace. I ride the waves that hit day by day.  10 months on and Life has taught me that all we can do is pick ourselves up again when that big one knocks us over. Life does become calmer. Sending a hug to all those who have lost their mum. xxxx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Missing mum on mother's day
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »
This year was my second Mother's Day without my wife. We would always have a bit of banter into the lead upwith her telling me I'd better get a card for her and me telling her I shouldn't have to as she wasn't my mother. She would then remind me she is the mother of my children. She always got her present of course it was just a sort of tradition. I miss that banter now.

Last year, like you,  the cards and Mother's Day displays had me in tears. Not so much this year but it still hurts to see them and the day itself had some very dark moments. I don't think that will ever change now and i don't really think I would want it to.

Mother's Day is a day for celebrating mothers. We can still do that for them.