Author Topic: Mum  (Read 1854 times)

Offline ourtined

Mum
« on: April 06, 2017, 01:14:40 AM »
Hi, my name is Tina and I lost my mum on Sunday. I feel guilty. She had cancer but we thought her operation had been successful. 3 weeks ago she was in agony. In hospital and nothing would help her pain. It seemed the cancer had come back with avengence. In her last 3 weeks she had a lot of drugs and it was difficult for her to communicate. We didn't get to talk. Once I knew there was no hope I just wanted the drugs to ease the pain but I feel now that I let her down. I feel like I just gave in and let the cancer take her. I sat with her at the end. It doesn't feel real it happened so quick. I'm 44 and she was 82. I think talking about it might help. Thanks Xxx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Mum
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 07:29:30 AM »
Welcome Tina sending you a

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 08:14:11 AM »
Guilt is often a normal part of grieving, try not to be hard on yourself  :hearts:

Sending a hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Runaway

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 10:49:09 PM »
Hi Tina.  I too have just lost my mum, so sorry to think we are in the same boat.  Just a thought, might be worth asking to speak to her doctor if you have any questions or worries about the medication she was having.  It might put your mind at rest,  or at least help you to process it too.  Take care, Runaway.