Author Topic: Help  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Nenemist

Help
« on: April 24, 2017, 06:27:24 PM »
Hi, I am a new member.
My husband died 9 weeks ago, we were married for 34 years and did most things together. I was his carer for the last couple of years.Sometimes I feel that I don't want to carry on ,especially as I have my own health issues and have been in hospital a couple of times in the last few weeks.Because of this I can't do a lot of the things that may help me feel more positive. The feeling of loss and emptiness is so overwhelming that I can't always put it into words, and most things seem pointless.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:37:24 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Its very early days for you - its a very raw time.  It wont feel like it now but in time it wont feel as painful.  Hold on in there - people here understand and are here to support xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 07:22:49 AM »
Welcome Nenemist. As Emz says it is very early days, and the feeling of whats the point is quite normal, after being together all those years, please keep posting to us im sure it will help you through your worst days xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Julia

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug too :hug:
He will always remain in your life, love never goes away. I lost my partner Feb 22nd and I'm very uncertain what my mind and heart will come up with, it's a pure devastating mess in there, but I'm holding onto the thought that my love for him and beautiful memories will never abandon me.
You've spent so many years with him, it's ok to take as much time as you need to feel the way you feel, it's ok to feel like everything is pointless. He loved you and still loves you, just the shape of it all is different, and you must be a lovable, caring person -  joy will slowly come back to your life, perhaps life will teach you some new ways to enjoy it with time. Be patient and kind to yourself  :hug: you are not alone

Offline Nicky

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 08:21:28 AM »
I lost my sister who was 43. She died on Christmas Eve just gone. I too have days when I think life is just too hard and I want to hide away. Sometimes I get a tiny glimmer of hope that I will feel better one day. Try not to lose hope. I know it doesn't feel like it right now and life feels hopeless difficult. You too will feel a tiny glimmer. It really doesn't help when you have been poorly yourself.

Offline Katie

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:12:16 PM »
Hi I ama newmember and I totally understand how you feel. I lost my dear husband of 27 years in March and the brutal reality of it all is so overwhelming, that is why I joined because the support and understanding of others who know how and why you feel the way you docertainly helps. Like myself your pain is so raw, I hope we can support each other.