Author Topic: New member  (Read 1773 times)

Offline snowflakekim

• New Members
« on: April 27, 2017, 11:17:41 AM »
Hi

Another new member, another loss.

My partner of 22 years died in a hospice from cancer on 8th April. The funeral was last Friday. Everyone warns you about how the period after the funeral is difficult, because things are supposed to return to normal. There might be a new normal, but the old one has gone.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:26:22 PM »
Sending you a welcome.  :hug:  Snowflakekim

It takes time to find a new normal, we have to accept and learn to live without  our loved one before we can do that. All you can do is take small steps, and take each day as it comes each one could bring a new emotion, please keep posting to us im sure you will find it helps xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 08:13:10 PM »
Hi snowflake.As Emz says there is a long way to go and probably several new normals before you can find one that's livable,but we will be here to try and help for as long as it takes. :hug:

Offline snowflakekim

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
Thank you. Keep having to do things I'm not used to. I know I have to but there are so many of them! The admin is ridiculous and my wife did her best to make things as easy as possible.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »
With practiclitys I found writing a list,prioritising what needs doing more immediately first then crossing each off as its done helped.Otherwise it becomes a bigger mountain in your mind just at a time your mind can't do with any more overload.