Author Topic: New member  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Madcyclist

« on: June 07, 2017, 06:22:23 PM »
Hi all, both me parents have recently passed away, my mother on 21st May and my father 8 days later on the 29th May both from side effects due to steroids for cancer and a brain tumour respectively. The joint funeral for my parents was yesterday, currently just feeling numb and empty inside most of the time and either angry or relieved at other times. The funeral was difficult as I tend to bottle up my emotions and have been finding it difficult talking about emotions with family. I have been referred to Talking Space Plus for counselling by my GP but following an initial phone interview just over a week ago I haven't heard from then since.

Having read through a number of posts, I'm hoping this might help me to open up a little...

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:41:21 AM »
Sending you a welcome.   :hug: xx

I hope you can find some Comfort amongst us x
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:23 AM »
Sending a big welcome hug  :hug:
Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Madcyclist

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »
Thank you, have posted on the FB group too, it's a little livelier....

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:16:52 PM »
I believe ive welcomed you on the fb group xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:57:58 PM »
The fb group is livelier but sometimes its good to slow down,one useful thing about here is you can look back,when the times come when it looks like you're back too the earliest times,that things arnt any better,you can read your old posts and see that they are whereas on fb things disappear and its difficult to track.Also because there are fewer of us posting at the same time you get to know each other a bit better.Nothing wrong with being in both places I am,but I do find fb is too fast moving for me.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum, so sorry for your losses.  Sending hugs.

Facebook is livlier and fast moving, but posts can get easily lost and not that easy to follow who has just joined us.

I think on here it gives you time to think about what your writing and what you want to say, I feel rushed when I post anything on fb.

I hope it doesn't deter you from posting on here, as when I joined 5 years ago the forum was a big help to me.

Take care, Penny x