Author Topic: I lost my husband 8 weeks ago and I miss him loads.  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Jinksy

I lost my husband 8 weeks ago and I miss him loads.
« on: August 15, 2017, 11:05:13 PM »
Hi I'm new to this so not sure what to expect. I was married for 33 years and have helped my husband through his illness for the last 16 years. He passed away 8 weeks ago and I miss him so much but am also relieved it's over.. I'm coping during the day whilst at work but hate being at home on my own as it's so lonely  I thought it was hard when he was really ill but this is just horrible.

Offline Gingey

Re: I lost my husband 8 weeks ago and I miss him loads.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:33:21 AM »
Hi there and welcome, sorry to hear of your husband
8 weeks is a very short time and emotions are all over the place. You are doing well if at work and coping with that
I am a year on an still feel same as you, so lonely and quiet
 :hug:

Offline Jinksy

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 07:00:33 AM »
Hi thanks for your reply, I was hoping it was going to get easier. How do you deal with the loneliness?
A year is a long time to be lonely I hope you are coping ok too

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 08:38:01 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:

Personally I found the emotions changed in intensity - the feelings would be so bad at the beginning it would feel physical pain.  I found over time, sometimes the grief was harder than other times (so, it may be despair initially, then sadness another). Gradually over time easier days come between the bad days, until there are a few more easier days between the bad and the bad is not as painful.  It can be so gradual it can be hard to notice.  Sometimes keeping a diary/journal can help - reading back over the posts you realise/notice this change in intensity. I know some members have done that here, posting each day, and on a future bad day can sometimes remind you how far you've come on the journey already and give that glimmer of hope of the light at the end of the tunnel

Our losses change us, they never leave us and we will always have times we will miss our loved ones but gradually over time we can build life back up around us again, taking our loved ones with us (in memories, stories etc)   :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx