Author Topic: Feeling sad and angry...  (Read 2153 times)

Offline ELeaG

Feeling sad and angry...
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:59:18 PM »
I lost my Dad in October 2016. He was suddenly and very unexpectedly diagnosed with stomach cancer and passed away 7 weeks later. He was so clever, brave, funny and would do anything for me and my amazing family. I thought I was coping well until now. Me and my family went on holiday to Cyprus. We used to go every year and had to cancel it last year because dad was so poorly. He was gutted!!!! We had a lovely time and I felt so much closer to him there. I cried a few times but the majority of the holiday was spent remembering the good memories we had. I arrived home and it's taken this holiday to remind me how sad and unhappy I am. I feel like I'm broken and I miss him so much. My brother and mum feel exactly the same. However, My sister and eldest brother seem so happy. My sister has gone away with her boyfriend and my brother is moving out. I know it's becuase they have things to look forward to and they are excited but it makes me so angry. I also know it's becuase they are happy and I am not. I am trying to keep busy but I just can't stop thinking about how miserable I am. I feel sick and so down. Keeping busy normally helps but it's not helping at the moment. Hopefully I will get out of this hole soon. Sorry for the depressing message!

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Feeling sad and angry...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:20:02 AM »
We all deal with grief differently, and some people who are grieving become very good at putting a mask on and not showing it to the external world.  I became good at that myself
It's a rollercoaster journey, and takes us time to find ourselves again.  I know I lost myself for a bit, but it does get easier to cope.  Be gentle with yourself xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx