Author Topic: New here, lost my dad in July  (Read 1683 times)

Offline paisleyella19

New here, lost my dad in July
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »
Hi guys I don’t really know what I’m doing just wanted to vent. I’m 17 and lost my dad in July due to an illness. Has been really hard, depression hit about a month ago and then I was okay and can slowly feel myself going back to that place. Just wanted to air my emotions without there being any backlash. Had counselling, doesn’t really help as much as I would like it too. Hard coming to terms with things, pushing family away. Any advice or comments would be helpful.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New here, lost my dad in July
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 06:16:00 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:

Grief is certainly a rollercoaster journey. Just when you think you are getting the hang of it something else slaps you. Its a gradual process, and sometimes we need to increase our self care - so knowing when things are getting a bit much and you need to ensure you're getting enough time for sleep, ensure you're eating well, when starting to feel down or isolated ensure you're spending time with friends or family - even having a duvet day with a dvd now and again to give your mind some rest (or whatever you find relaxing.  You may prefer something more active or outdoors).  Keep talking, as that often helps - either by venting those emotions, but also sometimes talking about stuff helps our minds process stuff xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx