Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Debbie J

Hello
« on: May 11, 2019, 10:57:59 PM »
Hello, my Mum passed away on 9th April. It was very sudden, my daughter and I were with her. We held her funeral last week. I still can’t believe she’s gone

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 01:03:28 AM »
So sorry, Debbie. I'm also here after losing my mum. It's a terrible loss and so hard to bear. It must have been a huge shock for you.

Just do whatever helps for now. Talking helps, so tell us something about it, if you want to. Otherwise just make sure you remember to eat and drink enough. That will be enough to cope with for now.

Sending you and your daughter a welcome hug and much sympathy.. :hug: :hug:

Offline green dragon

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 12:44:17 PM »
Dear Debbie, hugs from me to you and to your daughter. It's terrible and it will be a good while until the shock subsides but the people here understand what you're going through. Be kind to yourself. I, for one, found that to be the hardest thing.

Offline number 6

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 01:23:46 AM »
I lost my Mum in August 2018, Dad in January 2017. Dad was not only my father but also my best friend as we shared many interests and hobbies. Needless to say I was devestated at losing him as I was his live-in carer for about three years.

Losing Mum has affected me more than I was expecting as the relationship I had with Mum was nothing like it was with Dad, and now I am suffering more so because of the realisation of how much I really loved Mum but did not know how to convey this to her before her passing.

Some advice I would give to you Debbie is to really use this forum as it will help you to refocus youself as you try and carry on with the life you now have without your Mum.

Iam sure you feel like there are 101 questions now left unanswered and another 101 new questions have cropped up which you will find difficult answering and that is why we are all here in an attempt to smooth over the difficult times ahead for us all.

The fact I am now here on the forum will convey my thoughts and open love to you Debbie and all those in a similar stiuation.

Regards,
number 6.