Author Topic: Just lost my Dad  (Read 1571 times)

Offline RoseWeb

• New Members
Just lost my Dad
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:41:57 PM »
Hello to you all.

My Dad passed away in the early hours of this morning. He was very elderly, in hospital and it was expected - but it's still a shock. Two weeks ago he was still living in his own home, going out for short walks with no sign that this was going to happen.

Right now I think I'm coping well. But I also think that once the funeral is over and life settles down again it will probably all hit me and it will be good to have support from others who understand.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Just lost my Dad
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 10:18:00 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 11:02:09 PM »
So sorry, Roseweb.  :hug:

I don't think it makes any difference whether it is expected or not. It's just terribly hard to grasp that one moment someone who has been there all your life is suddenly gone and it hurts more than anything has ever hurt before.

Just do whatever helps for the moment and try to remember to eat and drink enough. It's easy to forget when you are hit by a shock like this, but it won't help not to. You'll only feel worse.

Keep talking to us as and when you want to. You will find a lot of support here. We are all here because we have lost someone, so understand what you are going though.

Sending strength and hugs..xx :hug: :hug: :hearts:

Offline green dragon

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 11:42:29 PM »
Rose, sorry for your loss. It is very good that you know what to expect and have started to look for strategies for coping but be warned that the shock of realisation may be stronger than you imagine it now. Grief is a strange thing and it seems to have this capacity of blind siding you. Surround yourself with people (in real life or online) who are ready to offer you emotional etc. support whenever it becomes too much. You may even be surprised who comes through the most effectively for how you feel. We are here.

Offline Helsbelles

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 09:32:40 PM »
 :hug:
I'm in a similar situation and completely understand your Feelings. I feel like what is the point in anything anymore. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my dad.
Please message whenever, I imagine we'll be on  very similar journey xx