Author Topic: Introducing me  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Nik2502

• New Members
Introducing me
« on: January 19, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »
Hi
I lost my dear Dad (76) suddenly on the 11 December 2018. He just stopped eating and drinking and refused all medication.  He wanted to be with my mum who we lost in 2012.
I’m so lost. I tried to go back to work last week but just couldn’t do it - I work in a hospice which makes things hard as I’m dealing with death everyday.
I’m chewed up and anxious all the time. I can’t stop crying. I’m not sure it ever gets better?
I think I put on a brave face over Christmas for the family and now it’s hitting me hard.
I know he wouldn’t want me to be like this but I feel so lonely and vulnerable.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Re: Introducing me
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »
Oh Nik, it breaks my heart. I'm in exactly the same position that I think you're Dad was in. I know that my passing will be very painful to my family, in particular my daughters but my time is past. I pray that when the time comes they can take comfort in the memory of the many happy times we had as a family - I hope that you have similar happy memories that are a comfort to you eventually  :hug: .
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Nik2502

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:48:58 PM »
Thank you for your reply.
It’s such a sad situation to be in for you but your family still need you. You’re still a young man!
I’m sure your wife would want you to live your life to the full.
But it must be hard when you’ve lost your soulmate - it’s a big hole to fill x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:55:33 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:

It does get easier in time, although you wont believe that at this moment.  Its a painful journey and is a bit of a rollercoaster. Be gentle with yourself. 

It helped me when I joined this forum to be able to talk with people who understand, I hope we can be that support to you too xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Nik2502

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 03:43:14 PM »
Thanks Emz. I just learning to slow down and take my time! It’s only six weeks on Tuesday and that’s nothing. Everyone’s words of support are so helpful especially knowing I’m not alone xx