Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147362 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #540 on: July 30, 2018, 11:15:21 AM »
It did have a Jam setting - thats what got me thinking - it wasnt mine originally -  and i hadnt really taken much notice of the other things it could do  :rofl:until i thought about making my own bread  as i,m now (i hope temporarilly) without transport and village shop gets worse i need a re-think on food stocking-  So anyway i now have Jam. The recipe was from a book i picked up in a charity shop rather than from one specific too the machine,I used sugar with pectin already added (turned out to be cheaper than buying them separately anyway) -(who knew topping and tailing  900 grammes of blackcurrents would take 2 hours :evil:)- then discovered the recipe called for a tbsp of lemon juice ( how did i miss that) - anyway didnt have any so left it out.
Attempt 1 produced something Jamish -i.e Blackcurrents in liquid - so i added  a bit more sugar  ran the programme again and lo and behold i got jam. :yahoo:

Could have done it the old fashioned way of course - the whole familly around a jam pan style of my childhood - but not so much fun with no-one to take turns stirring - and much less mess than i recall  :rofl: -so this method worked pretty well in the end.

Half a bag of the sugar/pectin left - i,m waiting for the plums to ripen next.

Not too HP today though my friend who normally comes dolphin watching with me has declined this year - which means no accomodation share, and public transport -so i might not make it either - :cry:so between that and the kerputt campervan i,m starting to wish i hadnt come back.Not helped by the fact that last week i was frantically entering data into spreadsheets for a work meeting today - that turned out to not be today because today is not the first monday of the month as i had thought - confused.com  :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #541 on: September 04, 2018, 07:54:40 AM »
Hello autumn!  (even though I'm sure the temperature is getting hotter again!)
How is everyone? I know autumn has started,  I had to fight a giant spider (around 2.5 inches in length) for my bath last night.  Must have been sat on the inside side nearest me, as I was about to get in, swooping the water round with some cold water to get it to the right temp and suddenly there's this giant spider swimming around in my bath!!

The spider won the battle as I gave up on the bath - especially when it decided to do a water boatman impression and stand happily on top of the water!

On happier/lighter notes, I'm still making progress with my sewing, I made a skirt last week including an invisible zip! That was my first one, using a duvet cover as a practice material.  I'm now part way through making a skirt with some more expensive material - so fingers crossed it comes out ok again! Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #542 on: September 04, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
Well done with the skirt Emz - have to say my level is somewhat lower and involes shiring elastic, 

I was thinking last night sat outside it was warm but there is a different kind of light in Autumn - a subtle change which was present- i am really hopin for an Indian summer though -grab as much vitamin D as i possible before the rerutn of the dark and having to take the pills instead. :sad:

Plus i really want to get a couple of week ends camping in - picking my new campervan up tomorow - :yahoo:
I was so heartbrocken to lose the other one - but despite my practical brain saying i should do something else - get a "sensible" car yawn I,ve gone and bougth another bongo.( I know its daft and its just a vehicle but it was like the last link of our lives together, house gone, dog gone, and now this - but they were so sweet at the place i took it too so they could break it for parts -so in a way carry on travelling just not in the same body perhaps as our loved ones do )  But they  had one in that they were selling which seemed a bit like fate was telling me something - agreed to part exchange and have even switched the passenger seat from my old one too this one so part of it will also travel on with me. 
how daft such sentimental drivel seems sometimes - but we cant help how we feel about things. :rolleyes:

Right now though i have to go to group meeting at work  and have nothing to say - so i need to make up some intelligent sounding questions quickly, which will indicate i have some ideas in the pipline ( i dont )   :coffeetoast:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #543 on: September 04, 2018, 10:05:29 PM »
I have found a book for beginners which is really helping my sewing (along with the odd youtube video for clarity!)  I've made 2 pairs of pj bottoms successfully too! Let me know if you want me to send you the name of the book :-)

I'm hoping for that too, last few years I've struggled a bit more in the winter.  Going to try and ensure I get out often during the days too, im sure that helps.  I am craving visiting a pebbly beach at the moment - really have to do that soon!

Congratulations on the camper!! And all you say makes so much sense to me.  Hope your new campervan behaves well and have many happy trips in it  :hearts: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #544 on: September 06, 2018, 12:58:43 PM »
Well we didnt get off to the best start as the fuel filter was blocked so i had to limp back  to the supplier with hazards on at 10mph with black smoke everywhere - slightly humiliating (especially as my daughter was with me and my son in law works for the same company so of course eveyone at work has been taking the Micky about my vehicle choices today) - but actually ten minutes later new  filter in place and we raced off over the moors with no problems whatsoever.I know what the problem was and it is common with older vehicles and bio fuels they put in supermarket fuel to the maximum percentage allowed ( which is why its cheaper than a local independant) - have now topped it up with the local stuff so hopefully wont re-occur - but if it does i also now know how to change the filter. :rofl:

Emz i agree get outside as much as you can -even if it doesnt appear sunny - lack of vitamin D ia one of the causes of SAD so try and make sure you get enough in your diet or take supplements if needs be - its not a cure but i helps a bit.

Its more uphostery i am thinking of - although maybe  matching seat covers and pyjama bottoms could become a thing if i have some fabric left over. :rofl:

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #545 on: September 06, 2018, 11:19:58 PM »
Regarding your pyjama bottoms......sew some seat belts to them so you don'y fall out of bed lol  clunk click every trip! lol

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #546 on: September 07, 2018, 12:01:20 PM »
Good idea Brian i will pass it on to those members of the club who do get drunk.Hot chocolate doesnt have the falling out of bed effect - although i have discovered this one has an armrest the other didnt - not sure how it will fit in with the bed from seats arrangement i usually used, but i guess wedged in the upright position it could create a  pole so i would only half fall out.

I did once end up  being upside down - head in the front passenger footwell while trying to get out in the middle of the night to run to the loos, and discovering  some pratical joker had flicked the child lock on the sliding door at the back - so i had to climb into the front - unfortunately i was wearing a fancy dress rocky horror show outfit at the time, and could possibly have had one or two sips of wine. :rofl: Luckilly not enough sips that i couldnt rescue myself, and not to my knowledge witnessed by anyone - I came back from the loos and threw some bread crusts onto the persons roof ready for the seagulls to spot at daybreak. :whistle:  :rofl:

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2018, 09:38:58 PM »
l
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:28:53 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #548 on: September 11, 2018, 11:17:38 AM »
so are you saying it isnt normal to dress like Rocky horror show characters - in that case i,m off to change my wardrobe. :rofl:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #549 on: September 11, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
They say "a picture is worth a thousand words" so it might be a good idea to post a few snapshots of you in your outfit/s and then we could make a better judgement Karena  :grin:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #550 on: September 12, 2018, 11:24:06 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I am rather hoping there arent any - i can be very good at avoiding cameras, I will stress though i wasnt dressed as Frankenfurter and no such type garments were involved. Although there was a steampunk one doing the rounds for a while - but i was well covered  - to the point i could deny it was me at all.

I finally overcame my nervous new camper owner driving last night, and had a proper and enjoyable drive home - now i,m busy working out how to build my conversion to my own specs -ao i can easilly lift it out and store it  when i need to use the van for multiple grandkid days out, or moving of furnishings.It mostly involves finding pre cut flat pack cubes the right size and adapting it,as my sawing skills  (and lack of tools and workbench) might result in something on the rather wonky spectrum if i start from scratch. :rofl:Need to act with more caution than when i prematurley bought the much too big decal based on rough estimates and photoshop  :rolleyes: I might be able to cut it down though so not yet a complete waste of money.
Could be a job for the weekend as its the annual 1940,s weekend and if i dont escape before 8 am i cant get out as they close the road - but if i do escape,  i cant get back in until after 6pm.If the weather forecast improves though i might just flee for the entire weekend - the seaside is calling.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #551 on: September 12, 2018, 05:40:07 PM »
Glad it's going well in your new camper  :hearts:

Seaside sounds like a good plan!  I've had a longing to go to a pebbly beach for a while and as Im off this week we did a trip to the donkey sanctuary in Sidmouth (which was fab)  and then spent some time on the pebbly beach.  Loved it!  Even though it was a bit overcast and drizzling at times am feeling a bit better for it!   :cheesy: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #552 on: September 14, 2018, 02:05:04 PM »
glad you managed to find that pebbly beach Emz - i loe the sea am convinced it has healing properties i even sleep better at the seaside and as i,m going to miss out on the dolphin watching this month am feeling even more bereft of it than usual. I live about as far from the sea as you can get in the UK. :sad: My campervan blinging plan though means it will have a surf/beach theme so at least i will be able to pretend. and it has a very modern elememnt of a cd player ( the other had a tape deck and i was down to my last playable tape) - so i reckon i just need a cd of waves and seagulls and its sorted. :rofl:-might start having my lunch in there at work for some de -stress therapy. :cool:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #553 on: September 15, 2018, 01:06:43 PM »
Creating a lunch place idea sounds great to me - could have some sand in one of those shallow plastic underbed storage containers with a lid and can wheel it out to put your feet in  :cheesy: 

Maybe even rent it out to people for 15 min relaxation sessions! Could tour the country as a business! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #554 on: September 17, 2018, 01:37:38 PM »
 :rofl: Ever the entrepeneur Emz  - quite liking the sand in a box idea though  :cool:-  I could create sand mandalas too. :coffeetoast: