Author Topic: Hello. Lost my Mum  (Read 1466 times)

Offline LucyM

Hello. Lost my Mum
« on: September 04, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »
Hi.

I'm Lucy, I'm 32, and I lost my Mum on 2 May at the age of 71.

Its quite a long story which I need to find a way to write down, but I'm struggling - less with the loss though of course I miss her - but more with the circumstances. She died after a fall and resulting complications and a terrible 4 months in hospital.

When I can hopefully explain it in some sort of brief way, I am hoping to maybe get some advice in learning to live with what happened and the guilt and stress?

Thanks.
Lucy

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello. Lost my Mum
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:58:59 PM »
Hi Lucy
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
You can share your story here, it helps us to talk and writing can help our minds work things through.  When you're ready come back and talk with us  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline rawareham

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 10:34:21 PM »
Hi Lucy,

Thinking of you and here to listen if you decide you want to share any more of your story, when you feel you can.

I lost my dad 2 years ago, very suddenly and he was only 60. I still struggle very much with what actually happened and how suddenly he was gone. I miss him desperately but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I understand that on top of that grief is the trauma of what happened

Here to listen if you need and sending lots of love xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 12:34:50 PM »
Hi Lucy
I think because people here are grieving themselves we do understand those things that keep coming back to haunt us and its easier to write them and talk to strangers sometimes.

If i can make a sugestion you could start your own diary here in the diary page section and then work through that time at your own pace - and perhaps at the same time we can help you work through some of the specific things that are most distressing you at the same pace - by doing it in your own diary section it is easier to find again than searching through all your previous posts, but also over time when are having a bad day and look back on the diary, you realise that even though today is bad, overall you have moved forward more than you think.

Offline LucyM

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 01:50:31 PM »
Thank you for the welcome. And I'll look at the diary suggestion - that does sound like it might help.

I'm having a bad few days. Its strange how it comes in waves? A song on the radio last night prompted a random memory which just overwhelmed me and I had to pull over and cry in a layby! Feeling very anxious today but I know it'll pass and I do have better days/weeks.

I've half written down what happened. Not sure why I feel the need to lay out the detail but maybe should put it in a new subject in the other bit of the forum?

Thanks all.
Lucy

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
Part of our grief journey often includes needing to share the story - I think its the way our minds gradually process it
Never worry about where you're posting, we can help move them around if you need.  Starting a thread in the diary area will help you find them, but there's no restriction to how many threads you have  :hearts:  just ask if you need some help xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx