Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Jamie96

• New Members
Introductions
« on: December 29, 2018, 06:12:35 AM »
Hello im Jamie

My girlfriend, the love of my life, passed away from bowel cancer at age 19 in July this year. Its been 5 months now and im still heartbroken, ive never experienced this sort of thing before and im not entirely sure how to deal with it. I am slowly getting there, but i still get waves of sadness, more so around this time of year due to Xmas and New Year,

But yeah, that's my story

my full support to anyone going through this, its so tough

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 08:56:14 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Introductions
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
So sorry, Jamie. I think it is definitely worse to lose someone who is so young. At least it's less unexpected when the person you've lost is old. It's a shock, no matter what though, whenever you lose someone and I think the pain always stays with you. Be glad you were privileged enough to know her so well, even if it was for such a short time. I lost a close friend years ago now, when we were both only sixteen and I often still think of her. Her name was Elaine. She also died of cancer and was a lovely person and very clever. It is such a horrible waste and harder to come to terms with when the person was just starting their life. I came to this site having lost my mum, but I do often feel so privileged to have had so many more years of life than my friend Elaine. I sometimes find myself counting how many more years of life I've had since she died and thinking she should be the same age as me now and how much time she never got to have. But I still remember and think of her and I am sure you will carry the lady you have lost in your heart always too. Life is a privilege and however long or short, every life is a treasure, so carry the memory of the time you had together with you and keep moving forward.  She is equally lucky to have you to remember and think of her. Make the most of your own life for both of you. Sending you strength and hugs..xx