Author Topic: 3 months today  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Sean88

3 months today
« on: March 11, 2018, 09:07:20 AM »
My grandmother passed away suddenly 3 months ago today  after a year battle with cancer it has gotten easier then it was at the time still get the odd teary days but it seems to have split our family up my mum and her brother he didnt take her getting cancer very well and didnt take her death well my mum had to sorteverything includinghospital visits and now he seems to have turned very cold is this normal

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: 3 months today
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:45:15 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Unfortunately bereavement can pull families apart, people deal with grief in different ways and that can cause misunderstandings or difficulty xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: 3 months today
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:54:54 AM »
Hi Sean -it is early days still but famillys falling apart particularly siblings isnt uncommon, parents bind us in a way perhaps the rest of our lives except for shared childhoods do not, when you think about it relative too adulthood and including teenage years when we starte to form lives outside our famillys it is actually a short time in our lives.The coldness could be because he simply cant cope with the circumstances -perhaps he can continue to kid himself it hasnt happened if he has no part in it.It may be they will become close again,but i dont think there is really much you can do about it right now except try to be the support she is lacking from him. :hug: