Author Topic: New around here.  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Fleur

New around here.
« on: October 03, 2017, 08:50:43 PM »
Hi Everyone, I'm new here.
I was widowed earlier this year and find adjusting to this new life very difficult. I hope I will be able to help as much as I will learn from you all.
I try to maintain a positive outlook on my life, I am very grateful for so many aspects of it. I'm also very lonely and most days I am very sad.
This too shall pass.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New around here.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 09:25:34 PM »
Sending you a warm welcome Fleur.I lost my husband six years ago,so I am further down the road than you,but totally get being lonely.Sometimes I still feel like that but I have learned to cope much better with it over time.Finding this place helped a lot,Of course grief is the main focus but sometimes just having somewhere to touch base with the ordinary stuff is important too,so the everyday chat section is for that.We try to have an annual weekend  meet up in a central place and sometimes local day ones too,its a good and safe way to meet new people and people who do understand grief.So online friends do become real world ones too.

Offline Fleur

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome and wise words Karena, I will keep them in mind as I explore the forums.
This too shall pass.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:27:47 PM »
Sending a welcome hug fleur  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Rebecca1992

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:42:58 AM »
Hi new to this forum. Not sure why I am here. I've just realised grief sometimes hits you like a tonne of bricks when you least expect it. You think you are doing okay and boom it hits you. Tonight I feel like this. Alone and not sure where to turn. X

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 08:30:58 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug too Rebecca1992  :hug:
Would you like to start a post and tell us about who you've lost.  Its a lovely supportive bunch here xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx