Author Topic: Dad  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Smellemmy

Dad
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:04:23 AM »
I lost my dad on the 15th November. It was a massive shock. I just feel so overwhelmed and alone. I don't see how I am ever going to feel any better about this. He is all I think about and with two young boys of my own to look after (4months & 2.5years) I feel like I can't cope & I'm drowning.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Dad
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »
 :hug: It takes a long time and its a bit of a rollercoaster journey,but the acute pain  of the early days does lessen .
Your boys sound like a proper handful and I,m sure will occupy your time fully,but try and make some time for yourself too.One thing that I believe is that it is important our children know about their roots,so maybe creating a memory box with them might help,because in talking about them,passing on their wisdom or the little funny traits they had,or funny stories about life with them,We start gradually to focus on their love and life not just their  loss.

Offline Lyn Taylor

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:30:14 AM »
Hi smellyemmy

I too lost my dad, on the 6th December, I have no other family as my dad was my family, my world. I keep telling myself dad is at peace now after so many health issues spanning over 15 years. I find talking to him helps. I also journal everything and talk to him that way too. Our dad's are no longer physically here but they live on in us and our hearts and memories. My dad used to say to me "I wouldn't care if I never saw you again Lyn so long as I knew you were happy" I am in pain now but I keep remembering how my dad would want me to be happy, so each day I find something nice to smile about just for him. My world has changed for ever but we have to adapt to that change knowing our dad's walk in our footsteps and us in their's. So sorry for your loss xx

Offline dizzylizzy

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 08:34:06 PM »
Hello,
I’m so sorry for you loss. It’s just agony. It’s nearly two years since my mum died - my little girl was exactly  6 months old and my son was just about to turn 3 a month later. My husband is in the Military and was deployed at the time. I have no idea how I managed to find the strength to go on but I did and you will too. Your children are your future and the same wee people that wear you out will give you the strength and love you need to go on. It’s very soon to have to deal with Christmas. I couldn’t hide my grief from my kids and my eldest was very close to my mum. I just explained that when you love someone so very much it’s normal to feel sad for a long time after they die. We have a ‘granny star’ In the sky now. Finding time to grieve is hard. I’m still grieving. Everyday, but it is getting easier. Get help and support when you can, your going to feel overwhelmed, physically and emotionally exhausted as the wee ones demand your energy. You can’t switch off the pain, you have to wrk through it and the kids can help you to feel happiness again xx big hugs xx
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:41:51 PM by dizzylizzy »