Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 147353 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #450 on: March 02, 2018, 03:44:03 PM »
seems like they have got their messages muddled a bit Emz
My grandson is not impressed as he thought he had a "snow day" -a snow week almost - now for me -and my children that meant a day off -to go out sledge make snow angels etc -but the school has contacted parents and told them to tell the kids to log in too their school accounts as they have set extra homework.Not only that but when he completed one lot and e-mailed it in thinking that now freed him for the rest of the day - the teacher sent him more. - yep he definitely is not impressed. :rofl:
Today is more reasonable last night was dreadful walking home i was sliding all over but the wind was taking my breath away not just strong but cold. The local shop is empty and the road still closed but  at some point in my life i turned into my grandma, and make sure i have always got emergency food rations and candles,i even keep a calor gas camping cooker under the stairs -so i,m not worried. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #451 on: March 02, 2018, 07:35:42 PM »
My food shop was cancelled so wrapped up warm and walked down to asda with backpacks whilst it was still light. Food levels were reasonable but we were on our last loo roll lol, so had to be done. Had such a tasty snack when got home, just a packet of crisps, chunks of cheese and red grapes but tasted so good after the snow walk :-)

Have a curry bubbling away on the cooker now and going to watch the film thor ragnorok (is that how you spell it?!) film. Hope everyone is staying warm this eve  :hug: xx
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:37:38 PM by Emz2014 »
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #452 on: March 04, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »
I have no idea how you say or spell it but hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Been an odd weekend. Done the usual house work then cleaned the fishtank out yesterday and when I had filled it back up suddenly realized the water heater had packed up.No chance of getting out of the snowdrift behind my campervan yet to get another. So I took the one out of the goldfish tank as they have more chance of surviving without one.Came down a few times in the night and at 5 am  poor Pushkin was not looking good at all sat on the bottom barely moving.I started siphoning water and replacing with warm water from the tap  but that was going to be a thankless task but then going through the cupboard looking for a thermometer found an old heater that was part of a filter that broke years ago.Sometimes I think Keith's hoarding of brocken down equipment has rubbed off on me for good reason. as luckily the heater part was still operational I shoved  that in his tank and gave the little one back too the goldfish who by now was wearing his little bobble hat and mittens.tapping on the glass and saying oy.( I made that bit up it doesn't have mittens)

Bizarley at some point this afternoon  the original heater kicked back in and started working again.I am monitoring it though and at least now I know I have a spare.( All this fuss for a flipping fish).Early night calls tonight. :rofl:

Offline Graecc

« Reply #453 on: March 16, 2018, 11:39:24 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new here and honestly just didn't know where to go. Ive lost both grandparents within 4 weeks and I'm not coping to say the least. I'm a nurse so I don't have much of a social life and friends just seem to be collegues. I'm 26 and married but everyone seems to say the same thing 'Move on'.
I've had Heath problems for the last 11 years and am diagnosed with depression, but I had been handling it well. I currently can't get out of bed, eat, drink or sleep much. The pain I'm surreal. I've lost my best friends and don't know how to carry on as normal. I know it's hard to give advice but honestly I just felt like I needed to write it down.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #454 on: March 16, 2018, 05:33:10 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
Its hard losing people, often those who have not lost anyone dont fully comprehend and then say stuff like 'move on' which is not helpful

Dont worry about putting things in the wrong place, the admins can help you with that and can move things if needed. When you go into the different sections you have option at the top to start a new topic, which will give you a 'thread' of your own, you can also reply to others on threads. Everyone here understands loss so its a friendly place

It really helps to talk with others, especially if they understand.  Talking helps us heal. Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #455 on: March 18, 2018, 07:18:35 AM »
Argh!! We're back to snow here. Has come down quite evenly overnight and everything is white again. Thankfully no snow drifts blocking me in the house this time!
How is everyone today? Are you also surrounded by snow?
Stay warm peeps xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #456 on: March 18, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »
For my part I don't need to worry about the snow, I don't have to go out until it's gone  :smiley:.  I just turn the thermostat up a degree - now if I lost my internet connection that would be an emergency!!

I was lying in bed listening to my latest audiobook earlier and I heard an odd noise outside. When I looked out my drive was clear. My neighbour has been round and cleared it completely. He's really kind and helpful so I'll thank him and tell him how much I appreciate it, which I do (the thought behind it) and I'll go back into my online shop for next Wed. and add a bottle of 'Johnnie Walker'.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #457 on: March 18, 2018, 11:31:14 AM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:21:44 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #458 on: March 18, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
Brrrrr snowed in again.Actually I am guessing based on no tire tracks outside since yesterday.Decided to eat leftovers and stay inside today..Have not been idle though.Done some stencilling and am quite impressed by my first attempt..Only about 3quarters of the wall to do now. :rofl: It's backbreaking work and I was getting tired so thought better quit  or I will turn it into disaster.Cheap way of creating wallpaper from a plain painted wall though .If I am being honest  it doesn't actually fit the neutral theme I am supposed to be going for but never mind it's only a utility room and I am sick of neutral.Its bright and sunny now. :whistle:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #459 on: March 18, 2018, 07:43:02 PM »
What a lovely neighbour George :-)
Enjoy your sun Brian :-) no sign of sun here today.  Walked to shops, was weird to see branches of a tree covered in blossom and snow
Sounds good Karena :-)  I've been 'crafty' today too. I had a go at piping icing with russian nozzles which make flowers - and I'm actually really pleased with how it went, my first success at piping cupcakes! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #460 on: March 18, 2018, 07:50:26 PM »
E
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:22:05 PM by GHOST »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #461 on: March 18, 2018, 10:22:59 PM »
 :rofl:  :rofl: hadn't thought of it that way lol! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #462 on: March 19, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »
ssssshhhh you two -stop typing the R word on here -or we will all be wrapped in clingfilm -which totally messes up my plastic free year target (and isnt my best look either.)

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
« Reply #463 on: March 19, 2018, 12:40:25 PM »
в
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 05:22:28 PM by GHOST »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #464 on: March 19, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
You do know i work with some-one from the R country -who can tell me if that is from the R language -and more too the point what it says. :rofl: